LOL I found a Pic of my car on Ebay

Currently reading:
LOL I found a Pic of my car on Ebay

It is illegal by the Copyright act to use ones information or media without permission. In this case using an image to advertise without your permission.

Ebay take this matter serious, as it is a serious crime as by The UK legislation's on Copyright.

Filing a formal complaint to Ebay will suffice in an investigation being launched, and the appropriate authorities contacted, Whom are usually Ofcom, who will decide on if his account is blocked from using Ebay or the worst case scenario being handing the situation over to the Police and the matter taken to court.

The BBC broadcast hundreds of car registrations.

In the format the BBC show it it is not an easily accessible resource for those who wish to for example clone a car to get away with petrol station forecourt drive offs for example. You can't go to traffic cops and say show me a blue vauxhall corsa SXI 2002 model, it's no different to driving down the street yes you could see a match for the car you wish to clone you might not.

However anything that can appear on google images would get me a bit worried, for the simple reason if you want to clone a car you can do it in 5 minutes, type in the car you want, go to a "show plates" website, ask for some plates to match get them delivered (possibly to a mates house) and bingo its done.

I may have been unpopular on the swift forum for pointing it was pretty daft to have a site banner on the top of the screen which cycled several cars from the forum...none of which had their regs blanked..so you want to clone a swift..where would you start?...hmm where to find pictures of one...the owners club maybe? oh good theres a choice of 25 without even going off the title page. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wasn't it you stu who was asking for knocked of software not so long ago :chin:

*cough*hypocrite*cough* woah f*** me my cough's picking up again.

You really can be a cantankerous twit sometimes. I asked if somebody knew of somewhere i could download a piece of software that i already own a multiple user license for but didnt have time to drive the 50 mile round trip to work to get the info.

Ive seen a picutre of jug's Bravo and another members yellow panda on ebay adverts in the past.

I wouldnt care if someone used my pictures, once your pictures are on the internet you cant stop it. They should blank of your number plate ofcourse but then again you should do it yourself before you upload them.

Back