Technical Locking Wheel Nuts

Currently reading:
Technical Locking Wheel Nuts

Just noticed I dont have the little black box with my wheel nuts in - any tips on getting them off? Dont really want to chisel - might scratch my alloys, could just sacrifice a slightly smaller socket and **** it on? Fiat said there are hundreds of different patterns, and the ones from my Punto dont fit, so would be difficult to find the correct tool.

Any suggestions?

So your telling us that you havnt got the tool to remove the locking bolt ? and if thats the case and they are fiat alloys you should be able to get one from your dealer ..but if their after market the best I can suggest is you find a company that stocks different makes and see if they will let you compare the tool with the bolt ..

Ooops! I would go back to the seller first. Quite a big thing for them to have "lost"...

There must be plenty peeps been in your position tho, so habg on the Forum and wait to see.

Good Luck!

you can drill locking bolts out, you can either buy those reverse threaded bolt removers from halfords or take a metal bit to it, they do come out evetually. had to do all four on my mates old car.

you can drill locking bolts out, you can either buy those reverse threaded bolt removers from halfords or take a metal bit to it, they do come out evetually. had to do all four on my mates old car.

Yes you can use an easyout but you have to know what your doing when you use it as the amount of pressure needed to undo a wheel bolt could snap the easy out :)

So your telling us that you havnt got the tool to remove the locking bolt ? and if thats the case and they are fiat alloys you should be able to get one from your dealer ..but if their after market the best I can suggest is you find a company that stocks different makes and see if they will let you compare the tool with the bolt ..

Yes they are standard Fiat alloys.

I've tried those easy-out or reverse drills at work on my Formula BMW, but we always resort to, and I know some will cringe at this, but a hammer and a chisel - works wonders!!

I'd be prepared to sacrifice a socket as we get Teng ones for free at work....Wouldnt use my Snap-on set though!!!

Back