Styling Locking Nuts

Currently reading:
Styling Locking Nuts

AquaSpirit

Im thinking of getting some new ones as my current ones are rusty, are they worth it? And is there a 'type' for a seicento?

ps. I also want a new set of normal nuts.

sig.jpg

Seicento Sporting 1.1 | Current Project : ICE Install

wow, cheapers than I expected. But I dont like the standard fiat locking nuts, they seem to round off to easily

sig.jpg

Seicento Sporting 1.1 | Current Project : ICE Install

I once bought a set of locking wheel nuts. They were "good quality" and cost me about £20.

2 weeks after spending almost a grand on new 17's and tyres, somebody replaced them with some bricks. nice. (They also put the bricks on my sideskirts rather than jacking points, scratching them and bending them out of shape)

About a month later I read a review in autoexpress on locking wheel nuts. The ones I had previously bought took autoexpress's "thief" just 5 seconds each to overcome. There were a variety of different times for different bolts, but the best by far were McGards. They were over £40, but nobody could get them off. In the end, they only managed to get them off after many minutes by using a mains powered drill, which lets face it is a bit extreme!

So when I bought my replacement 17's I put the McGards on. My car was parked where the theives previously nicked my last set just a month or so earlier. A few days later they tried to nick my new wheels, but couldnt get past the McGard wheel nuts! In the end they tried to break into my car to get to the locking wheel nut key, which you inevitably have in the boot to replace the spare when you get a puncture. They couldnt get past my Vauxhall deadlocks however, and aside from requiring a new lock and an entire door resprayed due to scratches, I kept my new wheels.

Moral of the story? BUY MCGARD WHEEL NUTS OR TAKE THE RISK!!

Oh yeah, and don't live in Birmingham.

Incidentally, many manufacturers (Mercedes etc) now fit McGards as standard because theyre so good and well worth the extra over the crap normal bolts.

Not sure if McGards fit Fiats, but well worth checking.

what, outside my house?

I could always leave it in a low theft area such as the Scottish Highlands and walk back to Birmingham, however its a bit of a trek.

Back