Location of oil pressure switch/sensor

Currently reading:
Location of oil pressure switch/sensor

mikegreener

Hi

Hoping someone on the forum can assist -

I'm looking for either a picture or a description of where to find the oil pressure sensor on my Mk 2 Bravo 165T (Diesel).

If its anything like trying to located and work on the oil filter it'll be a nightmare..... lol

Thanks in advance.

If it’s any thing like the GP 1.6 mjet it will be on the rear of the engine, right hand side 1/3 of the way up to the left of the oil filter area, all directions assume you are laying on the floor looking at the rear of the engine from underneath. It is quite accessible on mine.

Thanks for the reply Moimo.

Well in the end I had to visit a Fiat dealership to ask someone there to see if they knew the location of the pressure sensor.

The first 'technician' said it was next to the oil filler cap, the parts manager gave me this drawing and was adamant that the oil diagram was correct and it was located as shown, when I kept telling him that the oil filter housing alone was located as I've indicated with the red mark.

I guess there cant be may 165T diesels around as they were all really confused at the dealership...... lol

Attachments

• IMG_3565.JPG
    IMG_3565.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 1,117
Thanks for the reply Moimo.

Well in the end I had to visit a Fiat dealership to ask someone there to see if they knew the location of the pressure sensor.

The first 'technician' said it was next to the oil filler cap, the parts manager gave me this drawing and was adamant that the oil diagram was correct and it was located as shown, when I kept telling him that the oil filter housing alone was located as I've indicated with the red mark.

I guess there cant be may 165T diesels around as they were all really confused at the dealership...... lol

Well the good news is that I have found and changed the oil pressure sensor and the fault has been fixed. However the diagram provided by the dealer is nothing like the actual location of the sensor on the car. Its actual location is above (on top) of the oil cooler. Removing the part was a mare due to such a cramped engine bay.

Back