Technical Loads of warning lights that appear and vanish within days

Currently reading:
Technical Loads of warning lights that appear and vanish within days

So I’ve already booked my car into the garage but wondered if anyone else here has experienced this.

So over the course of the last 6/7months I’ve had the engine management light appear twice with no noticeable difference in driving only to vanish 1 or 2 days later, I’ve had the steering light appear once which also had no noticeable difference in driving and vanished after a couple of days.

Most recently I’ve had the airbag light flash (so fast I could hardly see what it was) then The next day (Monday) it was on when I started my car - again it has vanished this morning.

I’m assuming it’s electrics but im going to leave it to a garage to look at - couple of questions

Will the fault codes still be saved for the old warning lights even though they were a while ago?

Has anyone had similar issues - if so,what was it in the end?

Last edited:
So I’ve already booked my car into the garage but wondered if anyone else here has experienced this.

So over the course of the last 6/7months I’ve had the engine management light appear twice with no noticeable difference in driving only to vanish 1 or 2 days later, I’ve had the steering light appear once which also had no noticeable difference in driving and vanished after a couple of days.

Most recently I’ve had the airbag light flash (so fast I could hardly see what it was) then The next day (Monday) it was on when I started my car - again it has vanished this morning.

I’m assuming it’s electrics but im going to leave it to a garage to look at - couple of questions

Will the fault codes still be saved for the old warning lights even though they were a while ago?

Has anyone had similar issues - if so,what was it in the end?
If they did cause a code it will save yes. As to why it's doing that the list could be too long. Having your mechanics plug it in will probably make it a shorter case.

I have the same issue with my steering light, it randomly comes on every few months and disappears within a day or so, no noticeable change to steering.

I bought a code scanner but nothing is stored and I also managed to catch it in the act with the scanner plugged in and nothing was being read, so I suspect it's a connection issue rather than an actual problem with the power steering.

Back