Technical Little red Light on dash

Currently reading:
Technical Little red Light on dash

ok thanks guys, just bummed out cus i love my lttle cinq but ive had such hassles with cars in the past.
im starting to wonder if its the wet weather thats messing it up?

i did order on but they sent the wrong one, and in the end i couldnt get the old one off so gave up :/
have been meaning to replace it along with spark plugs and hd leads and eventually get an induction kit?
but need to get it fixed and running before i can do that :)

Defnitely do the fuel filter and plugs, leads shouldn't be a problem but if you want to replace them it's not like they're expensive. Leave the induction kit until it's all working as RC says, no point spending that money on something optional when there are things needing done! ;)

okay, well the car still didnt start last night, when i finished work!
Checked the air filter, and all fluids and everything fine and dry, and i had a spark so not sure whats going on!
Car in garage today so guess il just wait for the call to see whats up with it :/

So a quick update on the cinque, still in the garge, changed the crank shaft sensor and it started up but then died again. (over fuelled)
So next is to change the Fuel injector, if that doesnt fix it then were onto the ecu. If it does need an ecu then im goin straight to the 1242 lump!
but ive decided as soon as i have the money upto gether then im doing the 1242 conversion :D.

This is what i was told by the garge.
they changed the crank sensor and it started but then the light came back on again and then it died again. so they checked all over it again and found that the throttle body had filled with fuel, so now they think its the fuel injector or the ECU. :confused:

ive ordered one from 'orangewheeledwonder' from the forum hopefully get it friday £30 inc delivery :D
Got a few bits to sell to make up some pennies, once i have some money saved up then im gunna do the 1242 conversion for definate! :D

yeh, but i spent £150 in december having the clutch done, but it now appears i got mugged off and the clutch wasnt actually done?
if i can get the injectors fixed for less then £80, then happy daze i keep the lil beast.
i did want to do the 1242 turbo engine conversion in the summer, so that will still happen providing i can get it fixed :)

anyone know of any good cheap trut worthy garages in wiltshire?

U dont want to know what I or some of these guys on here spent on their ride :rolleyes:

Check ur stepper moter while u at it, it sits under ur airfilter. its on the right side of the throttlebody if u stand in front of the car. ALso this guy had i think same problem.

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/143027-cinquecento.html

Last edited:
Back