Technical Little red Light on dash

Currently reading:
Technical Little red Light on dash

N155GUR

Good morning fellow fiat owners,
ive had my cinquecento sporting for nearly a year now, and theres a little red light that keeps going on and off on the bottom left hand side of the dash! normally not a problem as it goes off again after a couple of seconds, however :( this moring on my way to work it came on again, but this time stayed on, and then the car started to jerk and loose power, nearly stalling :(, i think the light id for the injectors? am i correct, can anyone help, and what would be the solution?

Cheers in advance Ben
N155 GUR
attachment.php

Attachments

• Car light.JPG
    Car light.JPG
    581.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
it is, if you don't know what is at fault. Am not the best at find these faults ... took me ages to solve mine recently.

But describe when the light comes up, does it come on when the car is hot or cold ?

does it flashes before it stays on?

Has any sensors been replaced recently?

Ming

Since ive had the car, its always flashed on and off.
but this moring it came on and stayed on, and then it was like it was starving itself of fuel?

Since ive had the car, its always flashed on and off.
but this moring it came on and stayed on, and then it was like it was starving itself of fuel?

Is normal then it goes off once you start he car.

Hmm starving of fuel, i would clean all the earthing point up first (1 on each side of the inner wing, one bolted to the gearbox, small one eath to the ECU casing), just sand it down then cover with copper grease.

If that doesn't work, do you usually have trouble starting the car at all ? And once the injector light is on, did the car drive normal again?

Ming

no it turns over ok, never had trouble with the car staring, normally starts first turn of the key, but since the light came on this morning and it struggling to run it hasnt wanted to start since, just turning over, no fire?

no it turns over ok, never had trouble with the car staring, normally starts first turn of the key, but since the light came on this morning and it struggling to run it hasnt wanted to start since, just turning over, no fire?

ah, clean the earth then get a new Crank sensor.

Give these guy a bell, they have good knowledge on fiat and decent prices tell them ya from the forum as well :0.

http://www.eurocarcare.net/

Ming

yeh sounds like the pumps still priming, havnt had a chance to properly look at it yet or take it apart cus im at work :(

Ive spoke to a local garage who are going to plug it in and see what the problem is!

Oh ******** what joy! :)

Well i dont really have any spare money to fix it, so ive put an advert up on here to see if anyones intersted!

Cheers for all your help guys :)

450 lol thats what runners go for

100 quid tops, for spare or repairs

Sorry for bad news - its old, its not working, its not got a lot going for it

yeh, but i spent £150 in december having the clutch done, but it now appears i got mugged off and the clutch wasnt actually done?
if i can get the injectors fixed for less then £80, then happy daze i keep the lil beast.
i did want to do the 1242 turbo engine conversion in the summer, so that will still happen providing i can get it fixed :)

anyone know of any good cheap trut worthy garages in wiltshire?

It's an engine management light, it just looks like an injector.

Regardless, if you were to sell it's not worth how much you've spent on it, it's worth how much people are willing to pay for it.

Forget about taking it to a garage - run the diagnostics as suggested above, come back with results, as soon as you know what the problem is you can go to a garage armed with info if you're not confident fixing it yourself. If you want it done cheap that's the only way forward - diagnostics takes time and time is money.

that injector light. will come on as an engine warning light. so go round the fire triangle. check the spark. check the fuel supply to the injector on the throttle body. and check the air supply

Back