Technical Limited Slip Diff (LSD) for Ducato x250? or any?

Currently reading:
Technical Limited Slip Diff (LSD) for Ducato x250? or any?

MrSoeldi

Hi, i would like for anyone to share any experience with fitting an LSD diff to the gearbox of their Ducato.
There is an off-the shelf component listed by Quaife (QDF20H) specific to the x244 with 5-spd gearboxes MLGU5,ML5T and MLUC5.
I am trying now to check if the dimensions of that are also consistent with the x250 MLGU-6 gearbox.(at least the bearing dia and the ring-gear bolts x12 are common.)

But i know for sure it will not fit my own M40 gearbox 3.0JTD Ducato, the bolt count is 16.

If anyone has useful information to share.
I know that the Traction+ brake assisted electronic aid can be useful, but it is nothing as good as a genuine mechanical locking diff.
Admittedly on a front wheel drive there is mainly compromises, usually not welcome, with any auto-locking diff.

If you notice that Ford have now made as a standard option a mechanical LSD on their new Transit, both the full size and in the custom.
It appears to be very effective.
Provides a significant benefit without the major next step towards AWD or 4WD.
Taking note that aside from Dangel's conversion only possible for purchase of a new Ducato, there exists no 4X4 version of Ducato.
Presently i have a project of my own designing an electric rear drive assistance on my Ducato, it has a clutch and the gearing allows only operation until 20mph, sufficient for recovery - and yes i have fitted a lockable rear diff for that system.

But a much easier 1st step improvement would be an LSD on existing front transverse gearbox.

Thanks for any informed technical feedback.
Or if you have experience getting your van stuck if you think either of the above devices would be of interest.

Hi, i would like for anyone to share any experience with fitting an LSD diff to the gearbox of their Ducato.
There is an off-the shelf component listed by Quaife (QDF20H) specific to the x244 with 5-spd gearboxes MLGU5,ML5T and MLUC5.
I am trying now to check if the dimensions of that are also consistent with the x250 MLGU-6 gearbox.(at least the bearing dia and the ring-gear bolts x12 are common.)

But i know for sure it will not fit my own M40 gearbox 3.0JTD Ducato, the bolt count is 16.

If anyone has useful information to share.
I know that the Traction+ brake assisted electronic aid can be useful, but it is nothing as good as a genuine mechanical locking diff.
Admittedly on a front wheel drive there is mainly compromises, usually not welcome, with any auto-locking diff.

If you notice that Ford have now made as a standard option a mechanical LSD on their new Transit, both the full size and in the custom.
It appears to be very effective.
Provides a significant benefit without the major next step towards AWD or 4WD.
Taking note that aside from Dangel's conversion only possible for purchase of a new Ducato, there exists no 4X4 version of Ducato.
Presently i have a project of my own designing an electric rear drive assistance on my Ducato, it has a clutch and the gearing allows only operation until 20mph, sufficient for recovery - and yes i have fitted a lockable rear diff for that system.

But a much easier 1st step improvement would be an LSD on existing front transverse gearbox.

Thanks for any informed technical feedback.
Or if you have experience getting your van stuck if you think either of the above devices would be of interest.
I would be interested in this too. I did email Quaife for my x250 2.3 multi jet, but got no repy.

Fiat have produced several 4x4 vans and so have some german m/home builders [ can be found on you tube ] but if they made it out into the wild i dont know ..!!

Back