Technical Lights stay illuminated on dash

Currently reading:
Technical Lights stay illuminated on dash

Crazy tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi ive got a 2002 fiat punto and ive noticed that whenever i take the key out of the ignition the handbrake light remains on, also sometimes some of the other lights on the dash stay illuminated. any ideas to what the cause of this might be? any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Sounds like the same problem my sister had with her Punto 1.2 ELX 8v; she had a variety of lights stay on. It seems the ECU needs resetting by disconnecting for 10 minutes; one of the Techs will be able to advise how to do it. I know my Dad did the job after being talked through it by a Fiat Tech over the phone, and everything was fine once he re-powered it.

JTD Monkey said:
Sounds like the same problem my sister had with her Punto 1.2 ELX 8v; she had a variety of lights stay on. It seems the ECU needs resetting by disconnecting for 10 minutes; one of the Techs will be able to advise how to do it. I know my Dad did the job after being talked through it by a Fiat Tech over the phone, and everything was fine once he re-powered it.

I'll give that a try & let u know of the outcome. cheers

Sorry to ressurect a long dead thread! I was just wondering if you'd had any success solving this issue? I'm having exactly the same problem (some dash lights stay on when the ignition is switched off) and wondered what the sollution is. Can I reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or will I need to figure out how to actually remove the ECU? Can you point me in the direction of where I can find out what to do?

Disconnect the battery for 20mins or you can leave it overnight dont do it as soon as you switch off your engine it can damage the ecu wait 5mins black comes off first then red and black gos on last its worth a try.. If that dosnt cure problem though could be a bad earth point...

Back