Styling light tints

Currently reading:
Styling light tints

Right at the moment got some lexius light on the back of the car (yes i no tacky but they wer on £50.00 new) wanting to put the old ones back on tho.

the cars silver, i dont no what colour to do the light tints on the origonal lights. or can i just just a set of covers for them?? and can you get silver tinting spray. or would black look ok??

Lookin for some advice thanks

Mark

i wanna do a diy job tho on a tight budget!!! a very tight one!! lmfao

do halfrauds do the tinting spray?? cos i can get it over the weekend and do it my self!!

Thanks
Mark

ps
sid23456 how much did it cost for the wheels? ie just to paint them??

ps
sid23456 how much did it cost for the wheels? ie just to paint them??

the tint spray your after is called Savage tint spray. Not sure if its in Halfords. Some clear lacquer will hell them shine after tinting them.

wheels were painted using spray cans from halfords. about £30 worth of paint, laquer, primer, wet n dry paper

Right at the moment got some lexius light on the back of the car (yes i no tacky but they wer on £50.00 new) wanting to put the old ones back on tho.

the cars silver, i dont no what colour to do the light tints on the origonal lights. or can i just just a set of covers for them?? and can you get silver tinting spray. or would black look ok??

Lookin for some advice thanks

Mark
tell you a cheap way and to see if it looks good take lights of and wrap a pair of black tights around them

tell you a cheap way and to see if it looks good take lights of and wrap a pair of black tights around them

have seen that done, it actually looks decent.,lol., the best thing would be to wrap the tights neatly and then laquer over them.,
as for timting the lights, get some P1200 wet and dry sand paper and rub the light down with it, when thats done they'll look dull, give them a clean and then use the tint spray, go from top to bottom and try to keep it even, dont stop over areas or you'll get darker patches., a few light coats is the wat to go because you can see how dark they are getting as you go and it prevents dripping too, give about 10-15mins drying time in between coats and when your happy with the shade on them give them a few coats of clear laquer after the tint has had a few hours drying time. build up the coats f laquer on them and when the last one is dry give them a rub down with P2000 wet and dry, this will flatten the laquer and then you can polish them up nice and shiney with compound or T-cut or something.,

Back