Technical Light on the Dash

Currently reading:
Technical Light on the Dash

olliedel

Hi Guys, I'm new to this site and need some help with a few things.

1. There is a light on the dash of my 1996 cinq, it looks like a spray coming from a tube...is this the lambda light? Also there is an empty tin rattle coming from the middle exhaust...could they be related?

2. The battery tray is rotted and water is getting into drivers side foot well. I've patched it up with heavy duty plastic...does any one have a better idea?

3.There is also water getting into the boot so I removed the tail light and sealed around it. Should this do the job?

4. Finally :) the clock is reading 52k miles but the accelerator pedal is fully worn to the metal...is this normal?

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the silly questions

The red light is a management light. A sensor has picked up a fault. Its red for a reason. The rattle/damage to the exhaust won't be helping.

Weld up the battery tray.

Tail light seals can be an issue. Sprinkle talc around the boot. The water will leave tracks showing where it came from.

Pedal is always metal. Does not have a rubber cover.

Cheers

SPD

Hi Guys, I'm new to this site and need some help with a few things.

1. There is a light on the dash of my 1996 cinq, it looks like a spray coming from a tube...is this the lambda light? Also there is an empty tin rattle coming from the middle exhaust...could they be related?

this is the engine management light. the tin rattle is most probably a loose heatshield underneath and so isn't related to your light problem.

2. The battery tray is rotted and water is getting into drivers side foot well. I've patched it up with heavy duty plastic...does any one have a better idea?

you could get someone to weld it up. or you can patch with fiberglass although this is not a good idea better off with the first idea.

3.There is also water getting into the boot so I removed the tail light and sealed around it. Should this do the job?

this should make sure that they a mounted properly i.e flush to the body work and that the mounting points aren't cracked or broken.

4. Finally :) the clock is reading 52k miles but the accelerator pedal is fully worn to the metal...is this normal?

yep fully normal even my one at 26k is worn down to the metal and so is my 30k one.

Thanks in advance, sorry for all the silly questions

hope that answers all your questions

Back