General Life or Death of my car please help

Currently reading:
General Life or Death of my car please help

Hope you are all well,hear goes !!!
I have a bravo tjet 120 with vl38 turbo + other mods.
I made a school boy error and tried wiring a turbo timer into the wiring harness under the steering column but the wires touched and the car tried starting as if it had been hot wired and made a horrendous sound like holding the key on to long after the car has started.
Now when I start the car normally with the key it does that same noise for a split second after the car has started but this only happens when the engine is warm.if I press the clutch pedal and start up the car up when warm it doesn't make the sound and it doesn't make the sound when the engine is cool.
Iv changed the starter motor thinking the cog is staying out to long.iv changed alternator thinking that had something to do with it both bought from a scrappy.
Iv taken the serpentine belt off and started the car when warm it makes the sound but doesn't sound with clutch pedal pressed.
I have no loss of power and no sound from valves hitting pistons iv done a cam belt and water pump.
I dont know what else to look for,is it an electrical problem or is it mechanical.
Sorry for the rambling on but so confused
Any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks guys

Yes.
thanks for the replys,the sound is coming from the timing side.im thinking it's either cam or crank but I dont have any of the symptoms for the crank or cam.no leaks,no knocks,no loss of power.the car drives perfect it's just the starting up

Last edited:
Yes.
thanks for the replys,the sound is coming from the timing side.im thinking it's either cam or crank but I dont have any of the symptoms for the crank or cam.no leaks,no knocks,no loss of power.the car drives perfect it's just the starting up

I cannot see how depressing the clutch can effect that..
apart from less load on the starter ;)

Have you tried it with jumpleads from a running car ?

Back