life on mars finale......

Currently reading:
life on mars finale......

I'm not watching it again, me watching it again after it's shown, no, not me, definitely not me, would I?

Ok, I admit it, I started watching it again, 5 minutes after it finished!

that test card girl is still an evil, conniving bitch

Nah, it's that evil looking clown that has her in his power, never trusted him!

Hated Mk3 Cortinas, but love the colour of Gene's GXL. Is it Samba Orange? ;)

As for no more, what's this about an "Ashes to Ashes" series set in the eighties? (the current Mrs Schwenck has spoken about it but I wasn't really listening)

I'm trying to decide if I still like it, it left a lot unexplained, that's not a bad thing but I would have liked it unexplained a bit better . The layered symbolism with the train tunnel was a laugh though and jumping off that roof, referance to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? The very last shot, did the test card girl switch Sams Life support off or just the series, well TBH I felt it was too biased to the former and a more ambigious ending working on the loss of radio contact would have been nicer. I felt it was a lovely strong visual shot to end on and a bit self indulgent. But then it is only a TV drama, and Sam Tyler will be immortal on DVD. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6542633.stm

Jane Featherstone, executive producer for TV production company Kudos, said the search was on for DCI Hunt's new "sexy sidekick".
istockphoto_177518_noooooo.jpg

I read that the producers have said there are no plans for any more episodes, not there will be no more episodes and they have left it wide open for another series if the decision is made. Anyone else spot this weeks ex-shamless actors?

So..

Did Sam stay in 1973 then? Or when his body died in 2006 - did he die in 1973 too?

To quote J R R Tolkein, the Hobbits liked books full of things they already knew.
The question is deliberatley not answered, however 1973 has become more real for Sam by the end of series 2 and I think post the Iraq adventure moderrn Britain a lot less appealing for the writers. Without wishing to appear obsessed did you notice Frank Morgn use the phrase "tick all the boxes" . Sam's decision to go back/commit suicide is made in a meeting discussing the finer points of ethics in procedures keeping about 6 officers off of the streets, he chooses to go back and take part as a good guy in wild west life on the line shoot out. In series one newer was always better it really is as if they changed their minds as the political weather in the Uk has started to break.

Back