life on mars cortina

Currently reading:
life on mars cortina

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The 1974 model stars in the time-travel series which tells the story of a modern-day policeman who finds himself transported to the 1970s.

If it was a 1974 model it wouldn't have a 'K' registration and wouldn't be a 2000E model as these didn't come in until 'M' reg.

The car is described as having "one or two battle scars" from police chases. Other Ford Cortinas on eBay currently have bids of between £500 and £5,000.

There's five different models of Cortina. Mk1 to Mk5 (though the Mk5 was officially known as 'Cortina 80'). Mk3 Cortinas have indeed risen in value and are very collectable. However, the article didn't specify which models of Cortina were in that price range.

It has a "superb tan interior" and comes with a road-worthy N-registered number plate from the era.

The interior is from a Mk5 Cortina and is not correct for an 'N' reg 2000E! The quad headlight front grill is from an earlier GXL model. 2000E's had two square front headlights. The Life on Mars Cortina is of mixed parentage!

I'll take my anorak off now :p

P.S. I own a 1974 2000E Cortina hence the knowledge!

Last edited:
Back