General Life in a weekend

Currently reading:
General Life in a weekend

OldBob-Sco

Hi All

I am the latest of what appears to be a long line of Marea owners. I have been going to the local auction for the last few weeks looking for a (cheap) estate I can throw the garden rubbish in (when it's dry enough to cut the grass), and big enough to take our canoe (once the grass is cut) on the roof.

Finally today I managed to get a 1997 1.6 16v Weekend for the shocking price of £250. Clean, tidy, straight, no rust (except a small part behind the rear number plate), four new tyres, 2 prev owners, 85k miles and full service history. I thought I was laughing all the way to the pub.

Absolutely delighted with it so far (Day 1). Wife is delighted it's not a Volvo (too big for her.. she's got the posh car (alfa 156))

The bad news.. Yes, the injector light stays on and it's running on 3 cyl. ... but my brother is a mechanic and you guys/gals on the forum are the "fountain of all knowledge" so it's shouldn't take too long to diagnose and solve.

No red key - but as another posted suggested, I'll contact the previous owners (provided they are still on this planet) to see if it's at the back of a kitchen drawer.

Roll on the holidays. Now I just need to find some bars that will fit onto the roof bars already there.

Here's hoping for more posts.

OldBob

The injection light seems to be a way of life for many Marea owners:( I get it occassionally, saw it for the first time about 3 months ago, garage can't resolve it but that also seems very common:bang: If its on all the time it should be easier to resolve, you probably need to get it plugged into a computer with the right (Fiat) software.

1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V saloon

Back