Letter of complaint to Fiat

Currently reading:
Letter of complaint to Fiat

Hi Guys,

I appreciate all of the suggestions but until I reach the point where it becomes obvious that they are not going to reply I'll sit tight.

Now here's something that'll make you laugh...

Another problem I had with my car is that it would make a knocking noise (one knock) every time I turned left over say 20mph...

SGM's diagnosis: Replace rear beam bushes £944.

MY diagnosis: Remove the two CDs that were sliding about in the upper glove box!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA..... too true... fixed it today :)

Hey,

Im sad to see that you are having so many problems with your Stilo Abarth and I hope one day sooner than later all the problems are sorted and you can enjoy the car.

My brother has a MK2 HGT Punto 2002 and it has rot under one of the rear arches and all the way upto the fuel filler cap which you dont expect from a car of that age.
Anyway we took this to our local dealer which I have to say has NEVER let me down and always gives 100% excellent service and workmanship. Unfortunately on this occasion they couldnt do anything as the Fiat Anti-Perspiration warranty stamps had not been done on the hand book and they wouldnt touch it.

We decided to contact customer service with photos and a letter and they refused to pay for the costs to have the rot done not even a 50/50 cost spread. The letter back simply stated that the protection on the car only last so long and metal rusted etc etc... general bull****....

Anyway we fixed the rot ourself and had a bodyshop do some of the harder things like around the petrol cap but I just hope you get somewhere with your claim but I doubt it :(

Good luck anyhow!

Cheers

Last edited:
as for the body rust its to be expected
eg it could have had damage to the bodywork allowing the corrosion to start.
thats what the bodywork inspection is about in the servicing.however i think its less than clear and some dealers dont do it or at least dont mark it as done.

Hi EvilJaxx,

Thanks for your concern, the car is fixed and I am enjoying it thanks to Westover garage in New Milton.

I'm guessing that English isn't your first language so I'm not gonna take the mickey but boy did you give me a good laugh with your " Fiat Anti-Perspiration warranty"... lol, you should have taken out "Deodorant Insurance" to cover yourself ;)

Andy

Hi EvilJaxx,

Thanks for your concern, the car is fixed and I am enjoying it thanks to Westover garage in New Milton.

I'm guessing that English isn't your first language so I'm not gonna take the mickey but boy did you give me a good laugh with your " Fiat Anti-Perspiration warranty"... lol, you should have taken out "Deodorant Insurance" to cover yourself ;)

Andy

yea, he's english, and from Chester :rolleyes:

Hey,

Im sad to see that you are having so many problems with your Stilo Abarth and I hope one day sooner than later all the problems are sorted and you can enjoy the car.

My brother has a MK2 HGT Punto 2002 and it has rot under one of the rear arches and all the way upto the fuel filler cap which you dont expect from a car of that age.
Anyway we took this to our local dealer which I have to say has NEVER let me down and always gives 100% excellent service and workmanship. Unfortunately on this occasion they couldnt do anything as the Fiat Anti-Perspiration warranty stamps had not been done on the hand book and they wouldnt touch it.

We decided to contact customer service with photos and a letter and they refused to pay for the costs to have the rot done not even a 50/50 cost spread. The letter back simply stated that the protection on the car only last so long and metal rusted etc etc... general bull****....

Anyway we fixed the rot ourself and had a bodyshop do some of the harder things like around the petrol cap but I just hope you get somewhere with your claim but I doubt it :(

Good luck anyhow!

Cheers

Hahahahaha.....this falls along the same line of the alluminum exhuast shields that are attached with steel bolts..... Fiay sometimes just dont think things through.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update from the original poster.

Looks like you were right... either Fiat ignores letters that are longer than one page or they don't give a s h i t as I haven't had a reply yet.

Andy

either Fiat ignores letters that are longer than one page or they don't give a s h i t as I haven't had a reply yet.

Possible, but do you think they've had reasonable enough time to respond? Remember they're probably getting hundreds of these letters a day..

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update from the original poster.

Looks like you were right... either Fiat ignores letters that are longer than one page or they don't give a s h i t as I haven't had a reply yet.

Andy

Possible, but do you think they've had reasonable enough time to respond? Remember they're probably getting hundreds of these letters a day..

Agreed luvduvs... they might respond, I don't really have many options other than to wait.

Andy

Why doesn't anyone speak to the dealerships DET:confused:

He is the only one that can liason with technical & warranty and are now trained in customer care issues.

If you have the DET on your side backing you up (with pictures/tech data etc of your fault) you have a much more improved chance of success.

Again I repeat my earlier post...get one of the garages DET's to deal with this type of situation & only deal with him until you are satisfied.

A minor quibble-

The A/C issue with the pipe breaking between the compressor and the condenser- this was common on the 1.6 16v engines, I can't say I've ever changed any 20v A/C pipework (granted they're much rarer anyway).

(y)

You could go down this lane;

S.13 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982

"Supplier will carry out service with reasonable care and Skill"

I used this against a well known inspection company as my range rover suspension was deamed unsafe to perform a MOT, 6 days after I brought it.

Needless to say I got my money back plus compensation for the repairs, this was because the inspector had not perform his duties with reasonable care.

Look it up on the inetnet, maybe a letter with this in it will prick there ears up, you need to give the at least 28 days to relpy as this is deemed reasonable time for a response also in the letter explain if you have no response you will take legal action which will request refund plus legals to be reembursed.

If no action taken, pay £50 (I think it costs that) and take them to small claims court.....takes time but its worth it, the longer they ignore you the better the case for you.

Hope this helps

Back