Technical Length of fuel lines anyone?

Currently reading:
Technical Length of fuel lines anyone?

project-cinqy

Right, once I get paid next week I'll be starting on the cinq! I know I can get a fuel filter cheap from desira, but does anyone know the length of the fuel lines, and are they all flexible? I'm replacing them just on the off chance they may be blocked!

Cheers,
Jon+Em

Ok, so It'll be easy enough to blow them clear with my compressor. How much pipe will I need, as I'm doing all the pipes in the engine bay as well.

Oh, and what route do the lines take under the car?

Jon+Em

Your keen, the fuel lines look a right bitch to get to never mind change over, on the Sporting they above the exhaust for most of the underside.

No ideas on length though.

Liam

project-cinqy said:
Just need to know if they run near the cat? coz the heatshield dropped off shortly before the problems started. If so then perhaps thats the problem.

Jon+Em

They run directly above the cat hence the heatshield, I used some joined up jubilee clips to re-attach mines cos Fiat wanted £25 for a new one then it would be a pain to fit.

Liam

I think that could explain why it's been cutting out then. The heat from the cat must be vaporising the fuel when the flow slows down. Didn't think about that. Will have a look when I get it up on jacks next week. Thanks for the help everyone, its much appreciated!!!

Jon+Em

er dont get your hopes too high. mine hasnt got any of the heat shields and it doesnt cut out. thats not to say that isnt the problem with yours. but the brake pipes do run right next to the cat so it could be.
pipes.jpg

courtesy of haynes. you can see the pipes riight next to number 11.
id still be looking at fuel pump from the symptoms

Back