General Left Foot Rest

Currently reading:
General Left Foot Rest

1MinuteMan

Hi,

I test drove the 1.4 T-Jet yesterday and I loved it! However, the lack of a left foot rest really bothers me. Do you guys have the same problem in the UK?

The lack of the left foot rest also irritates me. If the dealer won't be able to fit one I might think of fabricating a foot rest.

ehh for the same reason they didnt have one in the stilo on a left hooker the driving position is perfect feet wise, on a RHD its just not, as you dont have a whopping wheel arch in the middle of your car!

Going by what the other guys were saying, they have left hand drive so they still havent included what is shown on that photo, it doesnt bother me so much, it isnt a must for me, but why have photos showing a footrest when they dont intend to put them in as it seems to be the case:confused:

I guess the one in th picture shows the foot rest in the same manner as it shows the satnav. Is the satnav available in countries other than the UK as local fiat dealer has stated they won't be supplying this as an option which is supported by the fact it is missing from the options list?
Show it in the pictures, but can't buy it, then why show it?

I guess the one in th picture shows the foot rest in the same manner as it shows the satnav. Is the satnav available in countries other than the UK as local fiat dealer has stated they won't be supplying this as an option which is supported by the fact it is missing from the options list?
Show it in the pictures, but can't buy it, then why show it?

Yes its crazy isn't it, although i suppose some will answer by saying that isn't a UK Bravo, never the less UK or not they shouldn't show these things if you are not getting them in the model you have, or will be available as an option.
Its like the difference in type of model and options in different parts of the world i cant understand, why not have the same types of model and options in each country, why does one in Italy for instance have the satnav and the UK not, i guess in the long run its all down to money:shakehead

The Stilo doesnt have a left footrest either.

Its not to bigger pain, ou just get used to it. I rest mine under the accelerator pedal or put it up on the carpet as i would when sitting straight :D

a footrest is very important to me, i'd get to a scrapyard and take the foot rest from another car, you can always chop it down to fit.

a footrest is very important to me, i'd get to a scrapyard and take the foot rest from another car, you can always chop it down to fit.

What if it's too small? :p

And I'm sure stilo's have a foot rest in them... my old man's 1.6 16v stilo (53plate) had one as standard...

Plus, An alternative would be to make the clutch incredibly hard like on military land rovers ;) 'swhat I have to put up with all day!

Back