Styling LED rear lamp clusters?

Currently reading:
Styling LED rear lamp clusters?

Ronnie63

I'm thinking on changing the rear clusters on our 2002 ducato based motorhome, not sure if they look cool or naff? Cheap enough

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153360465768

Or just new more modern looking clusters with normal bulbs also cheap? ours are ok but one is not sealing as the rubber gasket is missing letting in moisture.

Thanks Ronnie

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The first lot look ok but see the note at the bottom of the listing:
'IN SOME CASES AN INLINE RESISTOR MAY BE REQUIRED TO PREVENT THE INDICATOR LIGHT FLASHING FAST BECAUSE OF THE LOW POWER CONSUMPTION OF THE LEDS'.
I would suspect you might need to do this. I think the van is early enough not to have a bulb fail light on the dash board as with LED's the current drawn will cause this to alarm, been there, done that !!!.

The second light clusters again look ok, and as they are bulb types you could either fit normal bulbs or LED bulbs complete with ballast resistors.

Really I think it comes down as to which is the easier to fit, but personally I would go for the second option and LED bulbs, but a bit more cost.

Alternately you might be able to find some of the rubber sealing strip at a local hardware store and make up a seal yourself.
Basically cut to correct length, 'Superglue' the ends together and fit

Thanks, yes 2nd option looks easiest assuming the plug thing on the back is the same as on my 2002 model, I'm not to bothered about led lamps to be honest it was just to smarten it up a bit at the back

Thanks Ronnie

Back