LED poi anyone?

Currently reading:
LED poi anyone?

i dunno if anyone has ever heard of poi but basically its the art of swinging balls around in various ways to makes patterns and stuff

theres loads of types some have tails and other have LED's in them and others you can set on fire

im quite into all this and also photography and they make a reat combo. so i thouht id share some of the shots iv got of myself doing some LED poi in the dark

any comments would be brilliant

thanks

vqr6tv.jpg

in5u1g.jpg

2z56iko.jpg

can put more up if people want to see

Ah Yes, Poi.

I've done some light stick poi in the past.

Here I am (god I look young) back in the summer of 2006 in the Bolivian village of Florida (pronounced Floor-eeda) doing some, and some of the locals (never seen lightsticks before!) and a member of my group Joe.

DSC01589.JPG
DSC01582.JPG
DSC01581.JPG
DSC01583.JPG
DSC01571.JPG

What LED's do you use in LED poi then?

Jon.

you can get like pre made LED poi from various websites, most of them are plastic balls with a flashing LED unit thingy like glued in the middle

gotta love that technical explination

Knowing me i will either get all tangled around me or hit myself with it :cry:

Been knocked out before by a shuttle cock had a black eye and every thing :cry:

Painful when they get tangled up. have a tendancy to swing down in the middle of your body, and in the case of men, smack you in the knockers. God its bloody painful! You only do it once! :p

ill give ya that

prolly one of the worst pains iv ever felt was when i got a poi in each ball at the same time

corr makes me cringe just thining about it

Back