Styling Led daylight

Currently reading:
Styling Led daylight

Well its illegal from DRLs to be illuminated at night if E marked to DRL spec's.

Poor video, but in real life this was a key example of their advantage. Could be clearly seen from 3/4 of a mile away.

YouTube- Panda with DRL's

It looks like a christmas tree on wheels!

Firstly cameras are nowhere near as good as eyes. You would have easily seen that car 3/4 mile away in those conditions anyway. However, why would you need to see the car that far away? The stoping distance at 70mph is just under 100 meters, so that'll give you approx 1km of space to spare, but the maximum legal speed on a single carriageway road is only 60mph anyway.

You are obviously too advanced for us.....

The more visible a car (within reason) the less likely you are to be involved in an "sorry, I didn't see you, accident"

My last car was bright orange, do you think that stopped people from pulling out in front of me like I wasn't evan there??........ No!!!! I had many near misses in that car!!

My last car was bright orange, do you think that stopped people from pulling out in front of me like I wasn't evan there??........ No!!!! I had many near misses in that car!!

Probably people who were colour blind or something!

In my opinion, it looks beautiful.
You may not like.
I can understand it.

Attachments

• Photo-0166.jpg
    Photo-0166.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Photo-0165.jpg
    Photo-0165.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 54
  • Photo-0163.jpg
    Photo-0163.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 56
It;s just a project i had in mind.
I am not sure what will do with them yet...

I think the whole idea of DRL's make every car look stupid and BMW started it off anyway back in about 1998 when they put them on the 5 series. I have seen a few people in 100hp's who have there sidelights on and their foglights on to make them look like DRL's, which looks ok but the foglights are a bit bright and Im not sure what Mr Police Officer would have to say about that.

Are these things on permanantly, or can you turn them off?
If so, how will people possibly continue to make themselves invisible in the blinding rain on our motorways. The unwritten rule is, turn your lights on to bling your car when in town, but knock them off when passing lorries at 80 mph in blinding spray.
If these lights were fitted as standard we would all just get used to them (me included, cause i think they look silly), and they may remove the idiot factor, by taking away their responsibility to put their own lights on in foul conditions.
I can see these things actually saving a few lives in certain conditions, but definately not in the High Street!

I can't sleep & came across this thread:D Oh deary me:D What is it with young drivers & lights. Indeed Volvos have been running day/lights for years, but they use a simple sidelight design & not some over the top fairy tree lights. "IF" it was just a case of wanting to be seen for safety reasons:rolleyes: but it's not is it? Its look at me, I've got these copy cat ones like the big boy cars have. Most think they look crap as said.:rolleyes:

You can play about with all the facts & twist things to justify your thoughts, but reading between the lines, most think it's a naff idea, even more so on a little car. It's only a puppet, sorry gimmick...:D

Last edited:
I think the whole idea of DRL's make every car look stupid and BMW started it off anyway back in about 1998 when they put them on the 5 series. I have seen a few people in 100hp's who have there sidelights on and their foglights on to make them look like DRL's, which looks ok but the foglights are a bit bright and Im not sure what Mr Police Officer would have to say about that.

The whole point of DRL's is that you get seen. My 500 has DRL's as standard albeit not as blingy as Audi/Mercedes ones and I've never switched them off.

Just to add more fuel to the fire here so to speak. Even if your of the opinion of day/lights being a safety feature, in some eyes this is not strictly true & not so straightforward as would appear. Believe it or not there is a strong following for both, for & against these lights. Just for instance the lobby against day/lights allegedly have statistics that put motor cyclists in danger because they get obscured & merge with these lights. There are a number of issues raised, too numerous for me to go into. I believe its been discussed at government level to make it law in this country, for the use of the day/lights, but they couldn't come to an agreement for various reasons. Having said that, some commercial vehicles may have these lights in a couple of years or so.

Back