Styling Led daylight

Currently reading:
Styling Led daylight

a friend of mine has one of those new DS3's and it has the drl's installed in the bumper

i think they suit that car but, when you turn the lights on the drls go out an when you turn the lights off they come back on. dont know wether all cars with drls do this though
Yes that's how DRL's work.

On the 500 they're on by default but when you switch your headlights on the bulbs step down to 5w from 11w and act as sidelights.

I'm not particularly interested int he pro / anti DRL debate, but making them law will just cause a lot of people relax that little bit more behind the wheel....

Driving standards today are a joke....

Only this week I saw a moron in a silver saloon belting down the outside lane of the M40 at 6:30am in driving rain without any lights on - He was practically invisble....Would DRLs have made him more visible?...Probably

Would it stop him from being a moron....Nope.

All these 'safety' measures have made people feel invincible and a lot of them now drive accordingly (ie without a toss)

(n)

I'm not particularly interested int he pro / anti DRL debate, but making them law will just cause a lot of people relax that little bit more behind the wheel....

Driving standards today are a joke....

Only this week I saw a moron in a silver saloon belting down the outside lane of the M40 at 6:30am in driving rain without any lights on - He was practically invisble....Would DRLs have made him more visible?...Probably

Would it stop him from being a moron....Nope.

All these 'safety' measures have made people feel invincible and a lot of them now drive accordingly (ie without a toss)

(n)

Agree with that. Driving my 1979 504 made me very aware of driving safely because I knew if I had a big accident it my my head vs the steering wheel and the wheel would probably win......

Mind you, I had a Citroen AX that was so spindly the door panels that flexed when you put the key in. It didn't stop me from pushing my luck at the time!!

Heavy fog on the M40 this morning....200m visibility ay the most....I saw half a dozen cars with no lights on....

How bad does it have to be....? :rolleyes:

It's Audi style, but these headlights are beautiful!
If i change them with Lexus style, the Panda will be turned to a Lexus Car????:yum:

If you change to Lexus style we'll have to hunt you down and kill you! :p

I'm not convinced of those headlights as I think they will look a bit fussy in daylight.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
When the 'anti' brigade say there is no research proving DRLsare effective - have they not looked back at why the Swedes introduced DRLs in the first place? They wouldn't go to the trouble if their research didn't justify it.
As for visibility - well when I'm out and about in my bus on a grey, rainy day I'm so glad of the DRLs and lights as i try to pull out using my mirrors - all my windows are steamed/covered in rain, my large wing mirrors are also covered in rain - you might be able to see hundreds of yards up the road but I (and others like me) cannot see you - so put your lights on.
And before you say it, I'm talking about all the times I'm parallel parked (and my side window only opens behind me so no chance of sticking my head out).

And then there are times like this afternoon - a gorgeous sunny late afternoon, driving into the sunset, a huge bright yellow ball low in the sky.
Amazing how those white LEDs or even dipped headlights make your car (and motorbike) stand out

I like them lights on ebay, I must be the only one, so what :p

Shame they are 500 euros a pair and for LH drive cars
:(

Back