Styling Led daylight

Currently reading:
Styling Led daylight

There are a few people on here with them,

They look ridiculous :)

IMHO people that know about cars will look at a Panda with daylight 'LEDS' and think you are a bit silly.
You expect them on modern high spec Audi's etc and they do still look a bit silly. It's like if you see someone with lights on in mid summer daytime and immediately you think they look stupid.

I know, technically that those lights are meant to alert other drivers easier if they dont see you quick enough.. but if your eyesight isnt good enough to see a moving car then you shouldn't be on the road.

Rant over :p i just so dislike 'daylight' lights, in daylight. If it's dark you use your lights. :devil:

IMHO people that know about cars will look at a Panda with daylight 'LEDS' and think you are a bit silly.
You expect them on modern high spec Audi's etc and they do still look a bit silly. It's like if you see someone with lights on in mid summer daytime and immediately you think they look stupid.

I know, technically that those lights are meant to alert other drivers easier if they dont see you quick enough.. but if your eyesight isnt good enough to see a moving car then you shouldn't be on the road.

Rant over :p i just so dislike 'daylight' lights, in daylight. If it's dark you use your lights. :devil:

Silly. If drl's make you see the car early and make you think the driver is a plonker then they've done their job. Wouldn't drive my car without them on especially on the roads around here.

Silly. If drl's make you see the car early and make you think the driver is a plonker then they've done their job. Wouldn't drive my car without them on especially on the roads around here.

Oh great minds think alike. You beat me to it!

Don't start me on this one.

Crap LED strips like ones OP are looking at = cheap nasty boy racer who dosen't probably understand the concept of DRLs.

Retro fitted DRLs = someone who know what they want and the reasoning behind them even if others don't understand / like it ;)

Yes, understandably i can see the benefits in certain area's. I just would'nt use them purely for looks tbh.
I see a few people down here that retrofit them to the bumpers in their Hondaarrzz etc and use them as well as their main beam at night. :bang:

Not sure if i'd like them on a Panda though (the look, that is). Although, maybe a 100hp or a Cross would look nice!

Yes, understandably i can see the benefits in certain area's. I just would'nt use them purely for looks tbh.
I see a few people down here that retrofit them to the bumpers in their Hondaarrzz etc and use them as well as their main beam at night. :bang:

Not sure if i'd like them on a Panda though (the look, that is). Although, maybe a 100hp or a Cross would look nice!

Well its illegal from DRLs to be illuminated at night if E marked to DRL spec's.

Poor video, but in real life this was a key example of their advantage. Could be clearly seen from 3/4 of a mile away.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C62fHb1TV_E"]YouTube- Panda with DRL's[/nomedia]

Well its illegal from DRLs to be illuminated at night if E marked to DRL spec's.

Poor video, but in real life this was a key example of their advantage. Could be clearly seen from 3/4 of a mile away.

YouTube- Panda with DRL's
Hence why the DRL's in the 500 have dual wattage bulbs and turn into sidelights when the headlights are on :)

DRL.jpg

I've had my Panda for 2½ years now and I don't think I've ever switched the headlights off. Switched between dipped and full beam, sure, but never ever turned them off. Why bother? :p

I tend to turn my lights off on a bright sunny day, but otherwise for the majority of the time, my headlights are on. I prefer to be seen... :p

Back