Technical Leaving your dog in the car...

Currently reading:
Technical Leaving your dog in the car...

Bolty

I have just left my dog in the boot of the Stilo but have had to leave it unlocked as every time i put the windows down i little, they go back up upon locking the doors. I have tried doing it on the key aswel but with no avail. Any suggestions?!

I have just left my dog in the boot of the Stilo but have had to leave it unlocked as every time i put the windows down i little, they go back up upon locking the doors. I have tried doing it on the key aswel but with no avail. Any suggestions?!

My windows only go up if I hold down the lock button, if I just press it quick they will stay down.

Unfortunately my remote locking doesnt work! And even if i turn the lock quickly, they still go back up!

Unfortunately my remote locking doesnt work! And even if i turn the lock quickly, they still go back up!

Im not sure if this would do any damage to the electrics but perhaps if you put something soft like an egg carton in the way to stop it going all the way up? I think there is some sort of safety feature so that kids dont get trapped messing about with the buttons.

Last edited:
Not a bad thought that, but iirc they wind all the way down if they find an obstruction...

Stilo windows do have a mechanism that automatically stops windows from going up in case they reach an obstacle. The only problem is that once it's activated, they start pulling the window down again. :)

When I leave our dog in the car (in the hammock accross the back seats, not in the boot) I use the key and turn it clockwise whilst the windows are slightly down... This locks the Drivers door and leaves the windows as they are (not sure about if it locks the passenger door though).
When I lock it like this, you don't hear the car's central locking system come into play; instead you feel yourself manually lock the drivers door and the windows stay open.
Locking the door with the key inserted and turning anti-clockwise makes all the windows close which are opened.

I hope this helps! If this don't solve your problem, maybe I have the directions the wrong way around! I can double check after work lol

Back