Styling Leather interior from another car (alfa?) in stilo

Currently reading:
Styling Leather interior from another car (alfa?) in stilo

I guess it depends on your idea of fits straight in, I'd breeze through that kinda problem, knocking up adapter brackets in no time...
When its electrical or ecu though er um er um I'm stumped

.... well good news. after a morning of me and my dad messing around with a few ideas we fitted them using some little adapter brackets. iv taken photos of most of the things we did so if anyone else is going to atempt this, i can give some guidance.

anyway, very happy with the result, they looking amazing, hold you in alot more than my standard seats did and still are very comfy. I will be atempting to try and fit the back bench tomorrow if i get time. ( got to fit a new bottom arm on it.)

only other thing is that i havent connected the airbags up yet. I had a look at the wiring on the two seats. they both have 3 wires going to the plug which are the same colours aswell, blue, black and brown on both seats, but the actual plug on the alfa seats are different. should i just connect the matching colours and take a chance?
i just dont want to connect them and then have the airbags go off in the seat because iv connected it up wrong :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    933.2 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 462
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    992.3 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 441
Great job there! I am looking out for a set of my own now, but I also wonder that if the Afla GT shares the same floorpan as 147, would front seats from a GT fit?

And also how did you get on with the rear seats?

anythin new on this topic anyone? back seats from another car? could I use my old seat brackets for GT seats?

The only seats that might have a prospect of going straight in are the Bravo seats. The Alfa 147 was not from the same family line as Stilo... Stilo was a new platform (albeit they heavily modified an existing one. It morphed into Bravo.. and Bravo begat Alfa Giulietta... so that one might be worth investigating too.

On the other hand, if you have front seats in a nice leathery.. can you get a vehicle trimmer to just match the front seats on the existing rear seats?

Ralf S.

It looks like the front seats are do-able but the rears are not, from everything I've seen.

I know the rear seats split different, i.e. on the Stilo the 60% portion is on the passenger side and on the Alfa range the 60% is on the drivers side.

The Alfa 156, 147 and GT are all broadly related - the 156 saloons didn't have folding rear seats, only the sportwagon. The Brera platform (159, Brera, Spider) won't work for you either.

ideally what you want are a set of cloth / fabric front seats from an Alfa 147 GTA - the black fabric should be close enough on first glance to not look silly and they're really, really cool looking bucket comfy Italian seats. They hold you like a dream. Only problem is there wasn't many people out there daft enough to buy a GTA without leather, so they're rare as hen's teeth.

The compromise would be for a set of black Alfatex (that's Alfa's name for fabric) faux alcantara front seats from a GT. The fabric is different to the cross hatching on the stilo seats but if you've got black cloth it would not look completely ridiculous. This sort of thing for £50!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breaking-...827041?hash=item3f688a32a1:g:JvwAAOSwuzRXfi6u

And of course if you did get the rears trimmed to match it's a fabric not leather so cheaper!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I Will try to apply the alfa GT steats in my car but how do you lead with the airbag fault?

So, front seats from Alfa GT can go in Stilo with a set of adaper brackets (with brackets any seat can fit by my understanding (thats how you fit an aftermarket sport seats)).
You could also buy Stilo leather factory rear seats and door panels to complete leather interior (you will have to match colors with Alfa seats and question is if seller is willing to sell separately).
And then when you do all this how do you sort wiring for airbags on GT seats? Does anyone know how Marshall147 (or anyone else with non Stilo front seats) sorted that? Did they just connect same wire colors?

I've fitted alfa 147 seats in my stilo 1.8 16v but left the wires unplugged

Back