Votes: 7 30.4%
  • cream

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • ivory

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • other (pls comment)

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
gettin the plans into action for the cinqs interoir ( was gonna post in cinq section but think would be better with wider range of opinions)

ive decided to go down the road of leather as suede just doenst seem to last.
now my plans so far include retrimming the dash front buckets seats door cards install but more ideas would be cool.

the place i want to get it done by are currently searching for a lilac/purlp/pinky colour leather for certain trimmed parts however i need advice on the rest

my first instinct was an ivory colour leather with puple trims but i seen a brilliant white leather wich looked amazin! any ideas or suggestions appreciated!

(y)

ive gone for cream aswell, as Charlie said, get the piping done in the same colour as the purple leater and it will look spot on with the car. you dont want it too bright, more of a subtle base for the purple to work from rather than compete with!

How bright,warm,durty is the purple?wot would you like to standout more seat or panels?
Are the panels quite big inrelation to the seats?
Are you wanting a really stand out from the crowd type?
Wot colour is the Cinqs paint?

styles said:
How bright,warm,durty is the purple?wot would you like to standout more seat or panels?
Are the panels quite big inrelation to the seats?
Are you wanting a really stand out from the crowd type?
Wot colour is the Cinqs paint?

which panels do you mean?

yes to really stand out

cinqs deep lilac/baby purple base (pics in my gallery), flips pink blue green coppery :yum:

Hmmmm i found the pics a little confusing as i was try to work out which was yours:eek: .so its naturally lilac with the dark blue green flip.I just wondered if it was the camera too cos some angles with a digi cam my car colour can turn/look pink:eek: .
Thing is that the car is quite small with big blod features like fat
wheels,bumpers and the paint would make some differences.

By panels i mean door panels/trims.You do know leather creaks alot (esp if it aint been treated properly) against alot of other materials esp if its against another leather which is why they trend to put pvc next to it as a contact point like door panels or centre rests,to reduce this even further pvc can get coated with a special waxy coat so it doesnt creek or wear out like mad.as a car body flexes or vibrations are made the leather will make alot of noise and dont put fabrics with it either as they will wear each other out like mad.

I wouldnt go for white seats as every mark or little thing will show and look grubby quick so id say strong rich colours but not too dark to suit the cars paint.
As im guessing the dash is black or very dark grey so how about cubby holes/door panels and heel mats could be a mid/darkish teal color(too compliment the flip and slightly lighter than the dash).
Dependin on wot the u can do with the seats,if just whole seat a deeper darker purple than the base paint,
if separates outside(bolsters)the dark purple,centres how about a very strong blue maybe slightly on the red side(red side to keep it warm like the base paint.
It depends mainly if u want to keep it roughly with the colour skeem of the paint or go totally different but remember ull have to live and look at it alot.
If it sound technical its cos i work in the industry and it can drive my lady mad thou she trusts me when we go to B&Q for paints.
Hope this helps

styles said:
Hmmmm i found the pics a little confusing as i was try to work out which was yours:eek: .so its naturally lilac with the dark blue green flip.I just wondered if it was the camera too cos some angles with a digi cam my car colour can turn/look pink:eek: .
Thing is that the car is quite small with big blod features like fat
wheels,bumpers and the paint would make some differences.

By panels i mean door panels/trims.You do know leather creaks alot (esp if it aint been treated properly) against alot of other materials esp if its against another leather which is why they trend to put pvc next to it as a contact point like door panels or centre rests,to reduce this even further pvc can get coated with a special waxy coat so it doesnt creek or wear out like mad.as a car body flexes or vibrations are made the leather will make alot of noise and dont put fabrics with it either as they will wear each other out like mad.

I wouldnt go for white seats as every mark or little thing will show and look grubby quick so id say strong rich colours but not too dark to suit the cars paint.
As im guessing the dash is black or very dark grey so how about cubby holes/door panels and heel mats could be a mid/darkish teal color(too compliment the flip and slightly lighter than the dash).
Dependin on wot the u can do with the seats,if just whole seat a deeper darker purple than the base paint,
if separates outside(bolsters)the dark purple,centres how about a very strong blue maybe slightly on the red side(red side to keep it warm like the base paint.
It depends mainly if u want to keep it roughly with the colour skeem of the paint or go totally different but remember ull have to live and look at it alot.
If it sound technical its cos i work in the industry and it can drive my lady mad thou she trusts me when we go to B&Q for paints.
Hope this helps
that helps alot!! one of the cinqs in my gallery is my old gree/blue one the new one is the purple one.

the paint on the car is all very light, hence why i wanted a light colour, its baby green n baby blue light pink at times

the panels (or lack of) are just 2 door cards very small which i just want to match the rest. the resy of the doors are painted same colour as the car.

the cubby holes sound a great idea i had never thought of adding in new colours.

The problem with a really light leather interior is that its an absolute PITA to keep clean (n)

I have seen a car in Cadbury's purple with similar colour seats, but dark dash, carpets, etc. Looks quite tidy :D

hmm i think cream with lilac trim would look really nice but would be hell to keep clean especially if you were to wear denim whilst driving would end up looking a bluey colour.

although i do remember seeing a car think it was at donny at easter which was pale blue and had a cream and blue interior. was nice.

would imagine you have the patience to keep a cream interior nice and clean but if not then maybe look at other options still with purple bits :)

i have cream leather interior and it dosen't get dirty that quick and it so easy to clean!! I like your style with getting the dash trimmed in leather! That is one of my next jobs im finking of doing? Out of intrest what company are you using as ill be wanting to get a range of quotes...

cream with some purple sections and purple piping! (y)

1.8Stilo said:
i have cream leather interior and it dosen't get dirty that quick and it so easy to clean!! I like your style with getting the dash trimmed in leather! That is one of my next jobs im finking of doing? Out of intrest what company are you using as ill be wanting to get a range of quotes...

cream with some purple sections and purple piping! (y)
bailies in johnstone. they sed a retrimm of a dash is usually £500, if that helps ya :)

I know a deep purple would set the car off nicely, but whats all this about cream leather interiors gettin mucky? they aren that bad to keep clean, most of my dads cars have had leather interiors alot of them cream, and they were really easy to keep clean, just a wipe with something none acidic/alkalic and a bit of leather restorer each time and they'll last the lifetime of the car!

P.s. get cream with lilac piping :p

Jordan

the colour ive picked is off-white. its a strange looking colour ( its not quite white but not any other colour either) but is really beautifull, the leather is so soft, the quality is amazing. with purple piping n stitching.

was funny when i drove into the garage the strip lights made my car go green. the guy was like " i thought it was purple??" erm well yeah it normally is lol!

alainax said:
the colour ive picked is off-white. its a strange looking colour ( its not quite white but not any other colour either) but is really beautifull, the leather is so soft, the quality is amazing. with purple piping n stitching.

was funny when i drove into the garage the strip lights made my car go green. the guy was like " i thought it was purple??" erm well yeah it normally is lol!

Good choice (y)

Jordan

Back