Styling Leather interior at last!

Currently reading:
Styling Leather interior at last!

VmanC

The Panda whisperer
Looking at the grey plastic in the clx I'd always thought a grey leather Alfa Romeo interior would go well, so now, after twelve months of dreaming about it it's a reality :D.I'm really pleased with the result, just how I'd imagined it. Have a look.

First, of course, the old seats were removed. They were multi coloured dots, liked by many and in near new condition so they have found there way into my other clx which had the same seats but were the worse for wear. It was a good opportunity to strip out the floor coverings and give everything a good wash and polish.

Rear seat is a spare I had covered, after much modifying, with the material from the Alfa back seat.

Then in, also modified, with the fronts.

I'm stuck with the Alfa badges but I guess that's a small price to pay :p. I also have side airbags that do absolutely nothing, I just didn't want to risk causing any damage removing them to what are pretty tidy seats. I'm going to have a go at modifying the plastic side panels for the front seats so they can be refitted to hide the exposed lower framework, not sure it's do- able though.
They're a great improvement on the originals for comfort, long distances are far more pleasant now. Plus, if anyone in the future decides they really must have the originals refitted, all the runners are still there.

Now, what's next?

Last edited:
Vern, that is f*cking awesome!! :slayer:

Just so's you know, if you ever fit a 1.4 in that I'm gonna have to come and camp outside your house until you sell it to me.. so please don't. I hate camping..

Cheers,

Plug

Wow! I go away for a few hours and this is what I come back to, thanks Guys, much appreciated.

To answer some of the questions.......

Yes, a Panda rear seat was covered with the leather from the Alfa one so it does bolt straight back in.
The drivers front seat is too wide to fit between the Pandas runners because of the height adjusting mechanism. My choices were to either cut out the original runners as I did with Charmania, or remove the height adjusting mechanism, I chose the latter. It means that all can be put back to original if necessary, plus the integrity of the shell is maintained so I'm not going to get into any arguments with the authorities. Once all this is done they bolt straight through the floor, with careful positioning. I also had to make some spacers out of alloy to bring the height up to an acceptable level.

Plug, if you saw how many cars were on my drive you'd realise that camping on it was futile :p, but you may have to book in somewhere nearby as I probably will sell it when all plans are fulfilled.

Will be taking it to Brooklands along with the 4x4 so see some of you there (y)

Last edited:
Been stewing away with envy for a while now with this fancy pants leather business but I just don't fancy starting to drill holes in my floorpan to get some alternative seats to fit.
So, father in law had these half leather seats squirrelled away from a Rover 214 he scrapped a while back which were mighty comfy well bolstered things, but heavy, and my fabrication skills (and nerve when it comes to butchering my floorpan) aren't really up to making them fit. After some rough measuring and a quick trial fit I was well chuffed to find the foam inners and upholstery pretty much slip straight on to a standard Panda frame!!!
Nowhere near ready to fit yet, need some metal hoops welding to either side really to support the big side bolsters which is the only mod I plan to do to fit but this looks really promising. Watch this space. If this works... well you guys know just how many old Rover 200s are kicking about scrappies!! could be a real easy upgrade.
trial fit without side mods:

(y)
think you're gonna have to retrim the dash and doors now though :D
plan is to try and let in a green panel in the centre of those seats to match the sergio interior, that's what the little scrap of green is on the seat there, I've managed to get the little Tacchinni logos off a couple of spare door cards to put into the seat backs. Have to try and blend the front seats in as I don't have the matching rears.

Great solution Andrew (y), as you say, this could make a very easy upgrade.

Also makes me wonder what other seat cushons and covers will fit?

think you're gonna have to retrim the dash and doors now though
biggrin.gif

:) It's a thought. I have a few other mods to get through first which are a little more pressing, but may turn my attention back on the interior if I find it difficult to say " it's finished!" ;)

Back