General Leather-covered steering wheel update (NOT 100HP)

Currently reading:
General Leather-covered steering wheel update (NOT 100HP)

MHRAR

Member 134
Update

I have an MJ and wanted a leather-rimmed steering wheel but NOT the official accessory one which is grey and turquoise as in the attached image and the only one according to my supplying dealer. (wouldn't match the Pasadoble Red!)

Someone suggested trying to get a 100HP one so here is my research for the benefit of all.....

On Eper there are three leather-covered steering wheels all described as application model 'V8 +500' and Abarth.
(500 denotes that it is airbag compatible)

735428802 Leather-covered steering wheel (as illustrated - description 500)

735430034 Leather-covered steering wheel compatible with steering wheel audio controls (description 500+245)

735430035 Leather-covered steering wheel compatible with steering wheel bluetooth controls (description 500+41l)

I visited Denkale in Reading and Alan in Parts was very helpful and 'phoned FIAT to see if it would fit my vehicle. They said 'don't know - you could also try one to see but there will be a re-stocking fee if it doesn't!

I bit the bullet and ordered 735428802 which is quite good value at £114.85 plus VAT and fitting. It is similar to the 100HP one but without controls as can be seen in the images with the standard one also shown for comparison.

Dealer fitment is quite straightforward as they de-activate the airbag, remove cover and airbag, remove retaining nut and then remove steering wheel.

Fit new wheel and retaining nut then airbag and cover and re-activate airbag.

The only problem I had was that the Abarth leather-covered gear knob which I speculatively ordered at the same time turned up as the 6-speed 100HP one and I wanted a fully leather-covered 5 speed one which I can't seem to be able to order separately only as a pack with the grey and leather FIAT accessory wheel which is where we came in.....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.....

Attachments

• Steering wheel detail - FIAT Official accessory .jpg
    Steering wheel detail - FIAT Official accessory .jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Steering wheel detail - Standard fit.jpg
    Steering wheel detail - Standard fit.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 58
  • Steering wheel detail - Leather covered (Abarth).jpg
    Steering wheel detail - Leather covered (Abarth).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 80
  • Steering wheel - Leather covered (Abarth) - 1.jpg