General Learner on the roads!

Currently reading:
General Learner on the roads!

Hey, Monday was my first day out in my punto sx 75 on the roads as i turned 17 in August. While i was driving i had my dad in the pasenger seat. Hes a fully qualified mechanic, owing his own business for over 18 years and prior to that working in a Mercedes garage the rest of his life! (I tell you this to show he knows what hes doing) I realsied halfway through that i have a small knock on what seems to be the front left side. We had already replaced the Dampers on both sides and the springs are good also. They arent loose and the anit roll bar bushes are gud too, but we placed them to be sure (extra fiver from tms) it isnt from the back either as its got new suspenion 3 months old there too. What is it!!!!! Theres nothing loose either and the enigne mountigns are fine etc.

Mine does it too. Had all bushs replaced (yes all 6 of them, I think) and looked at new dampers, but there was no difference in tolerances (just newer dampers would make it ride better).

You can feel it most when someone is in passenger seat and you go over potholes, they can feel it very clearly (and I can just hear it).

There isn't much yo can do about it, other than replacing the shell. :bang:

On mine the bolt holes that you secure the top mount to are coming away from the shell. So I got it welded, but it isn't really and 'ideal' fix. Replacing the shell would be MY only option. If yours is as bad as mine was I would reccomend you get it welded. Cost me £32 to get it done.

Back