Technical leaking under carpet, driver seat ? FIAT GRANDE PUNTO 2011

Currently reading:
Technical leaking under carpet, driver seat ? FIAT GRANDE PUNTO 2011

aya

hello!

before few days I found a water leak under the driver seat, there is no rain, no AC on or heat!!

what its can be ? I have cheaked the water level on the car and I notice maybe its have loss a little bit.
notice the brown spots in the picture.

thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 8.14.51 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 8.14.51 AM (1).jpeg
    409.2 KB · Views: 129
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 8.14.51 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-03 at 8.14.51 AM.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 37
hello!

before few days I found a water leak under the driver seat, there is no rain, no AC on or heat!!

what its can be ? I have cheaked the water level on the car and I notice maybe its have loss a little bit.
notice the brown spots in the picture.

thanks
The most common cause of water leaks inside a car when not raining, is the heater matrix/radiator, if you get your head in under the dash with a torch you may see signs of the staining where it is fitted.
In the past it was possible to bypass the heater radiator temporarily with a length of hose under the bonnet, however a lot of modern cars use the heater as part of the general engine cooling system so may not be advisable.
A garage can pressure test the cooling system with the right equipment to check for leaks both inside the car and in the engine compartment.
I would say if the rusty brown stain is from the coolant it doesn't bode well for the rest of the cooling system.:(

Many years ago we had a customer complaining of a persistent damp carpet in the passenger foot well which we couldn't locate. One day I had the car up on a ramp and I reached up to open the car door only to be met at eye level by one of her "Show Dogs" using the foot well as a toilet!!!!;)

Reactions: aya
Hi :)

IF the coolant system is ok

You might find it is Screen wash fluid

The hose runs along the floor

In the UK car... it is on your drivers side I believe
HI ,
I don't think so because the water don't smell good, and its kind of oily
but I will check that too.
thanks

The most common cause of water leaks inside a car when not raining, is the heater matrix/radiator, if you get your head in under the dash with a torch you may see signs of the staining where it is fitted.
In the past it was possible to bypass the heater radiator temporarily with a length of hose under the bonnet, however a lot of modern cars use the heater as part of the general engine cooling system so may not be advisable.
A garage can pressure test the cooling system with the right equipment to check for leaks both inside the car and in the engine compartment.
I would say if the rusty brown stain is from the coolant it doesn't bode well for the rest of the cooling system.:(

Many years ago we had a customer complaining of a persistent damp carpet in the passenger foot well which we couldn't locate. One day I had the car up on a ramp and I reached up to open the car door only to be met at eye level by one of her "Show Dogs" using the foot well as a toilet!!!!;)
thank you for your good answer,
I think you all right about heater radiator.
checking that in the weekend😃

Just a thought, you mentioned air con, if fitted is it working as I understand oil is introduced into their systems when serviced to lubricate the air con pump? If not working it could be a leak from that.
If heater leak you could compare the smell and oily consistency with the coolant in the tank in engine compartment, when cold!;)

Back