Technical leaking gearbox oil

Currently reading:
Technical leaking gearbox oil

fiorinoman

I have a 1997 Fiat fiorino 1.7 diesel non turbo, every where I go I leave a little puddle of oil. Checked and it's gearbox oil leaking from a split inner driveshaft boot, passenger side.

I have stripped down the driveshaft ordered the new boot from Fiat main dealer using the chassis number but the boot doesn't fit. Looks totally diferrent.

Just talked to the main dealer who insist that according to the chassi number that boot should fit, but it doesn't.

It's the inner boot which fits into the metal flange which is held on to the gearbox with 3 small nuts.

Main dealer have looked at the old boot says its a universal pattern part but my local car parts place say you can't get a pattern part, inner boot is main dealer only.

Can anyone help, driving me mad, I would buy a complete driveshaft but over £100 and don't need the whole driveshaft, driveshaft not worn. Just the inner boot is split.
Can anyone suggest answers to this problem, why the boot is wrong? Where can i get a correct boot from?

Give me the last 8 digists from your chassis number, and I can look what part number you need, as I have a dealer part number CD.
What part number did the dealer gave you?
Btw, hurry, because we are going on holiday in some hours ( to the UK in fact....!!)

Hi
last 8 digits chassis number 08497795, the part I have is 7625541 but it's just not right, just doesn't fit.
Can you advise of the correct part? Thanks

Well, have you sorted it out already?
We just came back from a holiday in Somerset, nice overthere indeed!

I'm afraid the partnumber is correct for your car.
Three options:
There's another, not original engine in your car,
or
The partnumber maybe right, but the part in the box is wrong,
or
You didn't look close enough.
The rubber booth holds a bearing for the shaft, and keeps the oil in.

Let's hear the progress!

Back