Leaking fuel tank in my fiat brava

Currently reading:
Leaking fuel tank in my fiat brava

dinkymat

Has any one had a leak in their fuel tank?
I have a Fiat brava auto on a (p) plate and must have a leak in the fuel tank as I put in £20 and have only covered 45 miles and the light is on :mad:
If anyone can give me some advice on what's required and how much etc I'd be most grateful......

Has any one had a leak in their fuel tank?
I have a Fiat brava auto on a (p) plate and must have a leak in the fuel tank as I put in £20 and have only covered 45 miles and the light is on :mad:
If anyone can give me some advice on what's required and how much etc I'd be most grateful......

HI WELCOME TO THE FORUM

If you think you have a petrol leak, check under the car for any on the floor.. have a drive then park your car, wait about a few minutes then check the floor, or have a garage check for you ( only cost me £10)

if not, then you are not driving economicly enough, try laying of the revs and dont drive with too much weight...

hope this helps ....(y)

You need to have a proper look, might only be a fuel pipe! but if the tank has gone, buy a non genuine one like i did £60-80 and about 3 hours labour £100ish if you dont fancy fitting it yourself, phone or pop into your local motor factors, panel suppliers for a price, mine new for the uno turbo was £180 from the dealer, Ant!

sorry to bother you people, i have a fiat brava with a fuel leak, the fuel smell is coming into the car now and i have looked in the boot of the vehicle there is a cover underneath everything and it is leaking out of there which is why it smells, anybody know where i can get a new one and what it would be called.
thanks

Back