General Latest Little Project.

Currently reading:
General Latest Little Project.

should be lowered 30-35mm really for the proper cento sporting experience :)

I have not lowered my current Seicento yet...

Have they sold you non sporting springs which are 20mm taller?

Regarding the headlights. I was having this same problem years ago! Very common problem I think. There are probably very few headlights that wont break as soon as someone changes a bulb without being super careful!
Even my 2000 Seicento has the same issue. I think its the heat from the lights which make the plastic brittle. Not sure if you can still get replacement headlights for cinqs? Perhaps fro Poland?

I did a guide to repairing the cinq headlight adjusters back in 2009!

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-guides/178756-cinquecento-headlights-adjusters.html

Good luck with them. Have you properly given the Cinq a good thrashing yet? im sure a 126 will not be as much fun - but I have never driven one :)

Last edited:
should be lowered 30-35mm really for the proper cento sporting experience :)

I have not lowered my current Seicento yet...

Have they sold you non sporting springs which are 20mm taller?

Regarding the headlights. I was having this same problem years ago! Very common problem I think. There are probably very few headlights that wont break as soon as someone changes a bulb without being super careful!
Even my 2000 Seicento has the same issue. I think its the heat from the lights which make the plastic brittle. Not sure if you can still get replacement headlights for cinqs? Perhaps fro Poland?

I did a guide to repairing the cinq headlight adjusters back in 2009!

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-guides/178756-cinquecento-headlights-adjusters.html

Good luck with them. Have you properly given the Cinq a good thrashing yet? im sure a 126 will not be as much fun - but I have never driven one :)
Yeah I think you are right about them selling me standard Cinq springs I have mentioned this to them but the are adamant these are correct. I haven't left feedback yet so I will give it one last go trying to get something sorted with them and use the negative feedback threat as a bargaining tool. But don't hold out much hope.

Thanks for the guide on the headlights, mine are slightly different to the one in your guide and I think your right when you say the plastic on the socket gets brittle with the heat of the lights. New replacement lights are readily available so that's the next step.

Good luck with them. Have you properly given the Cinq a good thrashing yet? im sure a 126 will not be as much fun - but I have never driven one

I fully restored a 126 Bis and didn't enjoy driving it at all nowhere near as much fun as a cento

Hey all.

Well I fitted new Rear springs, which I have been told 3 times now by the Ebay supplier that they are the correct ones for the car.
But to be honest I'm still not happy with how high they make the rear end sit. To be honest I haven't done many miles but I'm sure they're not going to 'settle' anywhere near the level they need to be.
I've had the rear end loaded with weight for a week.
Any ideas? Anyone got any decent standard Sporting rear springs?

Two questions;

1) Do you have the original items to compare against? Could take a comparison pic of the spring itself showing any height difference.

2) Any branding and part numbers on the springs or packaging they came in? Usually a part number label on the packaging.

Cheers,
Tom

Good luck with them. Have you properly given the Cinq a good thrashing yet? im sure a 126 will not be as much fun - but I have never driven one

I fully restored a 126 Bis and didn't enjoy driving it at all nowhere near as much fun as a cento
Oh really. Ive never driven a 126 either but just like the look ad quirkiness of them. I'm not really looking to get one for the thrills.
I will still keep my Cinq if or when I find a good 126 though.

Final update on the springs...
After numerous emails back and forth the company have finally admitted they are standard springs although the listing states the are for the Sporting. But they say that they only take the application/fitment details from the manufacturer so they basically said it's not thier fault or problem. After further emails they have offered me a 10% refund. Which is crap but my only alternative is to take them off, box em up and post them back to Poland. Approx £17.

So I've decided to take the 10% refund, take the springs off and look at the feasibility of cutting them down, as long as the shape and coiling allows. It will be about 20mm to take off but I will measure before to make sure. A bit of a pain but they can't stay as they are.

Thoughts?

Oh really. Ive never driven a 126 either but just like the look ad quirkiness of them. I'm not really looking to get one for the thrills.
I will still keep my Cinq if or when I find a good 126 though.

Final update on the springs...
After numerous emails back and forth the company have finally admitted they are standard springs although the listing states the are for the Sporting. But they say that they only take the application/fitment details from the manufacturer so they basically said it's not thier fault or problem. After further emails they have offered me a 10% refund. Which is crap but my only alternative is to take them off, box em up and post them back to Poland. Approx £17.

So I've decided to take the 10% refund, take the springs off and look at the feasibility of cutting them down, as long as the shape and coiling allows. It will be about 20mm to take off but I will measure before to make sure. A bit of a pain but they can't stay as they are.

Thoughts?
Sorry also meant to say that if once removed I don't feel happy that I will be able to cut the springs because the coil spacing won't allow it, I will be looking for replacement standard Sporting rear springs.

So if anyone has any good used ones or can recommend a link to some that they know are the correct height for a standard Sporting set up it would be greatly appreciated.

There is a forum member who goes by the name of jiminwatford (from memory) also trades on eBay under the same name who breaks and sells Seicento spares he may be able to help
I have used him a couple of times and found him to be very helpful and reasonable prices ?

You can see the 126 I restored on club126 just search for my username dadandlad

Fronts Im sure you won't be able to cut rears you can. I'm fairly sure I have a set front and rear from a sporting would need a wire brush and a reprint though
It's only the rears that are a problem. I haven't touched the fronts.
I haven't done anything so far, plan to take another look in a week or 2.
If you have any decent, repaintings not a problem, let me know.
Thanks guys.

Back