General last mk 1 panda

Currently reading:
General last mk 1 panda

It had a hard life. My ex wife tried to write it off when it was three years old. She hit a 205, head on, on a country road and cost over £1200 to repair. I used it for business use and covered at least 500 miles a week. By the time I sold it in '96 it had done well over 250,000 miles and had failed it's mot miserably as the rear floor and bulk head had rotted away. I was amazed the clutch pedal didn't go through when depressed! It was on it's third 903cc engine, second interior but still on it's first gear box.
The front seats where great as they slid out, so on a hot summers day I could sit comfortably, out in the sun, on the drivers seat.
I think Fiat did a better job with the mk2 Panda, they certainly had fewer rust problems.

rrockettman said:
By the time I sold it in '96 it had done well over 250,000 miles and had failed it's mot miserably as the rear floor and bulk head had rotted away. I was amazed the clutch pedal didn't go through when depressed! It was on it's third 903cc engine, second interior but still on it's first gear box.
The front seats where great as they slid out, so on a hot summers day I could sit comfortably, out in the sun, on the drivers seat.
I think you got your moneys worth there...

rrockettman said:
It had a hard life. My ex wife tried to write it off when it was three years old. She hit a 205, head on, on a country road and cost over £1200 to repair. I used it for business use and covered at least 500 miles a week. By the time I sold it in '96 it had done well over 250,000 miles and had failed it's mot miserably as the rear floor and bulk head had rotted away. I was amazed the clutch pedal didn't go through when depressed! It was on it's third 903cc engine, second interior but still on it's first gear box.
I think Fiat did a better job with the mk2 Panda, they certainly had fewer rust problems.

Oh I don't know so much...

Back