Technical lambda sensor wires

Currently reading:
Technical lambda sensor wires

diverdog

Hi, i recently bought a 1996 1.6 punto elx and need to change the lambda sensor. I bought an NTK universal sensor, however, i need to know which colour the signal wire and the ground wire are on the car.
Any help on this would be most welcome

thanks, steve

Pin 1 Signal (Black)
Pin 2 Signal Earth (Gray)
Pin 3 Heater -Ve (White)
Pin 4 Heater +ve (White)

be aware if you have changed this sensor to achieve an mot pass they arent as good as a proper one ,
also make sure wires are properly made and no bluetack used:)

Thank you, however, on this car, the wires from the ecu are coloured red, black, black/white, black/yellow. I've determined that the red and black wires are for the heater but i'm stuck as to which the black/white and black/yellow are. I've tried finding an electrical diagram, but to no avail and as i'm currently in the middle east, popping to halfords isn't an option!!:bang::)

Thank you, however, on this car, the wires from the ecu are coloured red, black, black/white, black/yellow. I've determined that the red and black wires are for the heater but i'm stuck as to which the black/white and black/yellow are. I've tried finding an electrical diagram, but to no avail and as i'm currently in the middle east, popping to halfords isn't an option!!:bang::)

if you have determined that 2 wires are heater circuit and other 2 arent then connect a digital multimeter to these 2 and start engine,if wired correctly your multimeter will pulse to + 0.2 volts and up to +0.2 to 0.8 as you increase revs
if its showing minus then that will show you have multimeter wrong way round
its then a matter of looking at previous posts to see what to do

Back