General Lambda Sensor Faulty?

Currently reading:
General Lambda Sensor Faulty?

Cinqsporting96

Hi everyone,

I am having a annoying little problem with my Cinq Sporting, Since i have had it l have replaced as follows:-

* Crank Sensor
* Spark Plugs
* Oil Filter & Fresh new Oil.
* A new exhaust middle & Back, with a second hand Cat & Lambda Sensor.

the problem still exists, as in it feels like it is starving it self of fuel when putting your foot down, it doesn't feel poky enough as it should....:cry:

Could this be down to a faulty Lambda Sensor?(as this does monitor the amount of fuel used):confused:

please help!!!!!

Cinqsporting96 said:
Hi everyone,

I am having a annoying little problem with my Cinq Sporting, Since i have had it l have replaced as follows:-

* Crank Sensor
* Spark Plugs
* Oil Filter & Fresh new Oil.
* A new exhaust middle & Back, with a second hand Cat & Lambda Sensor.

the problem still exists, as in it feels like it is starving it self of fuel when putting your foot down, it doesn't feel poky enough as it should....:cry:

Could this be down to a faulty Lambda Sensor?:confused:

please help!!!!!

Possibly...get a diagnostic check done and you will find out :)

Fuel pump not faulty or anything?

Fuel pump not faulty or anything?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so m8t, i don't have any starting problems etc. How much does a diagnostic check cost these days?

Cinqsporting96 said:
How much does a diagnostic check cost these days?

Depends where you go, who you know and location.

For mine it was approx 30 quid, fiat dealers are usally more than an independent garage.

extract i found from a Lambda Sensor company...leads to what it says is that my Lambda Sensor is faulty...

"Power is disappearing at cruising speeds
A contaminated or faulty sensor giving an incorrect or inaccurate signal will cause the ECU to progressively lean-out the injector pulse, resulting in progressively worse misfiring.

This is one of the more characteristic and easily identifiable modes of lambda sensor failure. It occurs because a contaminated sensor will typically give an erroneous signal that indicates a 'too rich' condition, causing the ECU to constantly try to cut the mixture strength back to correct the situation.

This of course it can only do to a certain point, beyond which the flame front will not burn cleanly, leading to misfire.

wheres the cheapest place to buy a new Lambda Sensor from????

await your reply,

mine didnt bring the light on but it was sort of hesitating at cruising speed. came in waves every 5 seconds. weird. changed the lambda and all was fine. cost 47 quid for a pattern 4 wire 2 plug replacement from partco.

philbo said:
mine didnt bring the light on but it was sort of hesitating at cruising speed. came in waves every 5 seconds. weird. changed the lambda and all was fine. cost 47 quid for a pattern 4 wire 2 plug replacement from partco.

Thanks m8t, l have today replaced the Lambda Sensor, and wow what a total difference. I still get the normal 3-4 flat spot, but i have the original Airbox fitted. and later i will be installing another ECU with the Mccrick Chip in it...which will make a complete difference...

Back