Lack of signal :(

Currently reading:
Lack of signal :(

Evening all, ive had a little bit of trouble tonight.

after reading a post on here that twisted and taped conections are bad and potentially dangerous i got my act together and went down halfords to get some bullet connectors and sort out the speaker cables behind my head unit.

behind my head unit i have a line output converter so the front left and right speaker wires into that and then where i have cut the wires for the line output converter i have got new speaker cable running from there back to the amplifier in the boot.

Now this is what has got me confused...

before i went to change it everything was working fine but once i had untaped and crimped up the new connectors on there was nothing or little coming out of the front speakers
frown.gif
. So for the moment until i get it sorted im stuck with just my rear coaxials working

Can anyone advise me as to what might not be right here? or can suggest somewhere that will have a look at it for me in buck's or bed's

Thankyou David

I would say that you have a problem with the connectors. There is probably a loose wire somewhere try wiggling them all a bit to see if it comes on. Is there any way of swapping certain wires over to check if you swap them over weather the front ones come on.
You havnt nocked or loosened any other connection like if it is a converter outputing RCA level then they could have been pulled out or loose.

What i meant was if you cut the wires from an ISO block you didnt accidently wire the ones that go into the block not the ones that come from the HU. More embarresing things have happened in the Volx mobile's.

probs is gonna be :

you have put left - with right +
or vice versa

but again its quite hard to advise without see the car

Back