Punto (Mk2/2b) laceys new install !! work in progress !!

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) laceys new install !! work in progress !!

lacey as long as your happy, ignore these other :tosser: 's!

so what if it isnt JBL, Sony, Fusion blah blah blah :whogives:

as long as you think it sounds good and your happy with it then thats all that count!!

well done on gettin it all done yourself too!! you found anywhere to scre the amp down??

alainax said:
beau i can see your trying to be constructive hunni but bear in mind some people ( like me:p :p ) dont really like to be critisised once theyve completed a modification or new part of thier car which they really like.

Unfortunately, if someone asks for opinions after posting pics up they should be able to take criticism as well as praise. Myself, doing plenty mods which are either loved or hated (no middle ground) will always accept criticism as long as its constructive.

I can see Beau's point. He stated that the SPLx stuff was pants but also advised on a small step up to JBL. Posting on the net can sometimes be read in a different tone as it was spoken. I'm sure that Beau wasnt being nasty - it was just read that way.

Back on topic - I once had a 1000watt splx amp. Basically I bought it becasue it was cheap and shiny. It looked good in the car. Unfortunately it lasted less than 30 days in there. It was a step up for me at the time from a 2 channel 300 watt amp. God knows where splx got there figures from for 100watts. It really was pants. For a couple of extra quid you can upgrade to JBL. They aint thebest quality in the world but pound for pound they are excellent value. I have had a full JBL set up for some time in mine and has sounded great. However, after recently upgrading to some rather tasty Alpine components I realised how 'normal' the JBL's were.

At the end of the day - if your happy with the SPLx stuff and it sounds OK to you then good stuff. It must be a good step up for you if it sounds better than what you had. Its an upgrade for you and you are happy. In this game thats all that counts.

As long as YOU are happy with YOUR car then go for it, sit back and admire. BUT always remember that not everything is everyones cuppa and not allwill agree with you.

Hope this helps every one

Wimmy
Super f-in dooper car and install for some
Chav mobile with a shopping trolley handle to others

:D

Just keep in mind what you say now someone will likely say something similar to you when you get your own car and start modding it due to there tastes differing and they remember what kinds of things you said to them.

There not gonna hold there opinions back in future cause of it.

And yes we know SPLX arent great but then again there is always someone who can say the same about stuff you own. I mean theres guys with £100,000+ stereo installations in there SQ cars. Some people buy houses for less than that!

Just try to be nice if your nice to others there usually nice to you if you start acting like a stuck up little brat there not gonna treat you with much respect.

Back