kwik fit fitted up?

Currently reading:
kwik fit fitted up?

******** - The only difference with Kwik Fit is that they've chosen to fight it publically...

PRS are targetting other companies than Kwik Fit - small companies, shops, factories...I cant remember the numbers but I think having something like 7 + listeners is deemed, by PRS, a 'public' performance. It seems to be irrespective of the circumstance, purely a number thing I think.

Look in places like cornershops or factories, those who have been registered will usually display the appropriate sticker saying so.

Don't agree, they hardly ever inspect small companies, as they have no right of entry. It's only worth going for a company where the money would be worthwhile claiming.

It can be any number of people listening and the amount you pay depends on the number of people listening and the length of time they listen. There is a difference between the licence for employee's in staff rooms, canteens etc and those for the public.

We have had several licences and I have never seen an inspector or been asked to show the licence.

recently, they banned portable radios etc where I work, apparantly so they can control the noise level, as the legal limit for noise where you work was reduced last year by 5dB. They installed a system with the sound set at a pretedermined level, basically a tannoy system, with half decent speakers. We have to have a licence at work to do this, think its about £300 a year???? dont know the exact cost. the chances of us getting caught without the licenece are miniscule, but they bought the licence to be on the safe side

Don't agree, they hardly ever inspect small companies, as they have no right of entry. It's only worth going for a company where the money would be worthwhile claiming.

It can be any number of people listening and the amount you pay depends on the number of people listening and the length of time they listen. There is a difference between the licence for employee's in staff rooms, canteens etc and those for the public.

We have had several licences and I have never seen an inspector or been asked to show the licence.

Thing is, I'm not arguing they check every single shop on X high street every particular third Saturday...just saying it DOES happen...

At the end of the day, I dont particularly agree with the stance. I can't see how some tyre fitter in Kwik Fit, listening to Radio X, is providing a performance for old Mrs Smith whos having a new exhausted fitted. As I'm sure has been stated previously, she'd be safely tucked away in the customer waiting area where theres probably not a radio as it's noisey enough in there anyway!

Your correct about the sliding scale thing - I suggested it's maybe 7, I'm really not sure, but if your 'entertaining' a work force/shop of say 300 folk you're obviously going to be chased for more than a newsagent with just 1 member of staff and maybe 3 customers at any given time!

It's all a bit silly, really!:slayer:

Back