Technical Koni Special Active vs FSDs

Currently reading:
Technical Koni Special Active vs FSDs

I've been trying to trace a kit of Koni FSDs and it appears everywhere's either showing 'not available' on all kits, or 'awaiting new stock'.

And then I had a check through the Koni website, and it appears they've discontinued FSDs (which were a sort-of gold colour direct from them), replacing them with red 'special active' dampers instead.

Has anyone tried the new-look special active dampers at all on their 500? Apparently they're very slightly tweaked FSDs, just with a new name and less interesting colour scheme.

I've been trying to trace a kit of Koni FSDs and it appears everywhere's either showing 'not available' on all kits, or 'awaiting new stock'.

And then I had a check through the Koni website, and it appears they've discontinued FSDs (which were a sort-of gold colour direct from them), replacing them with red 'special active' dampers instead.

Has anyone tried the new-look special active dampers at all on their 500? Apparently they're very slightly tweaked FSDs, just with a new name and less interesting colour scheme.
Yes! When I replaced all the suspension on my 10yr 500 last year I decided to get the red Koni special active as a bit of an upgrade & to try and loose the rough drive
I must admit they have evened out the ride! I’m not familiar with FSDs but the special active get a big thumbs up from me! I did front & rear with new springs and top mounts

Yes! When I replaced all the suspension on my 10yr 500 last year I decided to get the red Koni special active as a bit of an upgrade & to try and loose the rough drive
I must admit they have evened out the ride! I’m not familiar with FSDs but the special active get a big thumbs up from me! I did front & rear with new springs and top mounts

That's good to know :)

I've got some new Eibach Sportlines sitting in the garage to go with either the FSDs I've got on order or the special actives if the FSDs don't arrive (I very much doubt they will), and I'll be going for front and rears too.

Got a couple of pressies from the postman for my project today :)

ZY57TQ.jpg

QqzRpk.jpg

If anyone else fancies grabbing some original FSDs, this Italian Ebay seller still has some:
ICAR SRL

Edit: woah, they sold quick! Looks like the other pair they had went between me checking what they'd got and posting this :eek:
But looks like they still have quite a few rare / hard to find parts for classic Fiats. Note - they're not very good at communications though, so brush up on your Italian before contacting them.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back