Technical knocking sounds from rear end.....

Currently reading:
Technical knocking sounds from rear end.....

inflightfeather

Hi all,

When I drive my 1.8 ELX weekend, over bad roads or bumps, I get clunking sounds, not very loud ones, but just at a annoying level....

I checked for freeplay in the rearwheels and there isn't any, I am quite sure it is comming from the wheels, or close thereby....

Does anyone know what to replace, and where to get the parts? (it's a left hand steer model, and parts via an internetpage would be handy, hence I live in the Netherlands)

Thanks!

dont have the car but it sounds like suspension bushes, try powerflex for performance replacments.

I have a 1.9 100TD ELX and it does the same, clunks and knocks over bumps i'ts really annoying when you go over speed humps. On mine I've narrowed it down to the wishbone bushes, on both front wishbones (n) :(
hope this helps

The rear suspension is a swing arm affair and its point of wear is the large front bearing. You can get replacement bearings if the arm where the bearings sit is not damaged. It may not look like its moving but if you take enough weight off the wheel, but not too much that you are working against the suspension, you will see the play on the bearing.

S4P897.jpg

www.shop4parts.co.uk said:
Rear Suspension Arm Bush & Bearing Kit

Part Number: S4P897
Manufacturer: European

Listed Price: £27.06
Our Price: £18.94
You Save: £8.12 (30%)
Please note that All Prices Exclude VAT.

Otherwise you can buy whole new arms.

eb_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4580814284&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

A pair for £80 which is 1/2 the cost from shop4parts.co.uk

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
LanciaMad said:
dont have the car but it sounds like suspension bushes, try powerflex for performance replacments.

Its pretty much not worth powerflexing the bushes as for the price you can afford to buy a couple of sets of lower arms which come with new bushes AND new ball joints, which can wear out just as fast as the bush.

Hi all,

thank you all for your overwelming amounts of replies! (y)

I'm going to put it on jacks, and find out if I can narrow it down to some of the things mentioned, I haven't even looked at how it's build together jet, since I bought it 2 days ago....

Tnx!

InflightFeather

oldracer said:
sounds like he is talking about a marea not a punto. anyway they are that price at your local dealer if you haggle

Hence I said "dont have the car but it sounds like suspension bushes". Just thought I could help.:)

Back