Technical Knockin Noise From Rear

Currently reading:
Technical Knockin Noise From Rear

Another problem i have as well lol dont you just love puntos.. :rolleyes: Is ive had a knockin noise from the rear its doin ma head in thought it was the exhaust dout it very much as it has alot of room so i went to my mechanic i said what about the radius arms he said the mk2 aint got em he said could be the shocks so i was gonna get em done this week comin but tonight i heard it and for a weird reason i put my hand on the handbrake and i could feel everytime the knockin came you could feel it through the handbrake so i pulled it up a little and wow it was thumping louder at the rear and the handbrake was thumbin like it had a damn pulse only happens when i have people in the back any ideas peeps...?

Dave, I have a knocking noise on pulling away, just noticed it last week when I had two people in the back, some are saying it could be the exhaust... or is it the bloke stuck in the boot?

dave said:
hand brake cable knocking on the bottom of the car, common thing,

or a bloke stuck in the boot trying to get out :p

How do you fix it cause i swear its loud has hell the heavier the load is in the car sounds like a steam train the loud noise comes from the rear passenger wheel you can hear it poppin kinda sound but in the car its a knockin sound..

I removed my spare and found a set of keys, probably the last owners, i might go round and take back the money I paid for my Sporting :)

knocking is on mine 2 when i go over speed bumps - mine was the bushings on rear swing arm - you have to buy full arm about £50 + £50 for garage to fit (each side)
or if you know some one handy with spanner you can by bushings only off ebay & get them to fit.

Back