General knock from marea back end

Currently reading:
General knock from marea back end

ecca46

hi all
i have a knocking noise from the rear of my 1999 marea weekend,after checking it out i have found that the front bushes on the rear subframe have gone,i have checked with fiat who say that they are not available as a seperate item,does anyone know if the bushes from another model will fit??:?:bang:

I have encountered a similar problem, I have just had a look and it appears that the front rubber bush has slipped through the mounting on the rigid rear axle on both sides. Wonder if its possible to refit them somehow?

did you have any luck sourcing spare parts?

regards,....DeanoELX :)

you can get repair parts (non - fiat of course) for this problem. they consist of a rubber "cup" which forces the subframe against the bushing to remove any excessive play.

Hi Luis,

I am bloody busy at work, reassigned to a different customer (though not paid enough to make me _really_ effective).

Plus I am trying to cut down on the net. No luck with that, as you can see 8-P

And you? Still in the UK?

Last edited:
hi all
i have checked with fiat who say that they are not available as a seperate item,does anyone know if the bushes from another model will fit??:?:bang:

In answer to this, Its very strange Fiat say they are not available as a spare, though I don't doubt anybody's word here.
I say it's strange because according to Fiat in their own genuine MAREA service manual, it states clearly these are available as a spare part. Please see the attached drawing & text: :bang:

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 120
most parts are discontinued and no longer availalbe because the marea has been out of production for so many years. if it was a ford you could still get any part within a week, but fiat are very different.

Back