Styling Knobs

Currently reading:
Styling Knobs

Lex

Getting down to it now at last. Alloys come next week but i still am in two minds about the gear knob and handbrake.

I dont wanna have to gash the gear knob off and even if i do how will the new one go on? What implications will this have on the lift-reverse? Handbrake isnt paramount, especially if it means more gashing.

help [?]

Did you have the fish? No...I ate it.

I know what you mean but it has two meanings. Gash as in gash with a knife...and....well....you know the other obviously :D

By the way, what tyres are gonna be ok for my mk2. I have the standards on but am thinkin 15" TSW that have 195 55 15 Yokohama on them. Will that be alright?

Also, all the chrome gear knobs i have seen are lame (halfords ripspeed), what is the Punto Sporting one like? Would it be a good idea to go to the dealer as he can put it on without damage (one would hope)

Never go to the dealer for nothing. look on ebay theres always gear knobs on there, there are special ones for cars with a lift up reverse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

Why should i not go to the dealers?

Also, I wanted to replace the pedals for the brushed titanium ones. I have seen a set that just includes the pedals.

How should I fit them? Do the current ones just come off from screws or are they moulded? Will the new ones need fixing through the pedal rivets or round the side (like the old ones?)

Regarding the gearknob, will I have to touch the lift reverse cable? If the old one pulls off like I have been told, how would a new one fit?

the old gearknob should come off by using an oil filter wrench. the new one will have a grub screw to tighten. Pilot motorsport make a really cool chrome gear gaiter surround

99 Brava 100 HSX with not enough mods

what about the pedals?

i had a feel around today (the car that is) and they have rubber covers but i didnt pull em off. I take it if i do they will have screws underneath or are they welded on. If they are part of the whole pedal arm i doubt i'll bother. surely not though.

please help

can i do the knob at home (again on the car i mean) i.e i wont have to fiddle with reverse cables. just pull of and screw on new

the new pedals will be just flat metal you take rubbers off then bolt the new ones on top of the ones you have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you

so you're saying i will have to drill through the existing ones to screw the new ones over the top.

i'm not sure if its worth it. I was hoping they would come off easily.

cheers for the info though mate and if you come across any more i would appreciate it. peace

have a look at this thread
http://www.fiatcentral.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4663&SearchTerms=pedals

some pedal covers will have plates that you put buhind the old pedals, and screw the pedal covers to. depending on the particular set. the accelerator pedal is solid plastic and clipped on as far as i can remember, so you'll probably have to leave the rubber on that one

I have seen a really nice stilo gear knob in the brio catalogue, part#50900896. Leather and chrome/alu, just what i'm after.

Will it fit the puntomk2?

Also, does anyone know if the abarth silver gear gaiter will go on the standard mk2?

So the old knob just twists off??? any particular way to twist??? does the lift up reverse sleeve stay where it is or will i need to buy a knob with it on??? or jsut buy one suitable for lift up reverse???

Anything else i will need to do???

Thanks in advance...
Paul:)

Despite what the name says I now drive a punto!

as far as i remember, it's glued on. so will take persuasion. that or it needs to be pulled straight off with a special tool. confusing punto with brava. can't remember which was which!

Buy a momo gear knob cos i just bought one and fitted it and feels alot better than the standard one which looks like a dildo! C.A.R is where i got mine from in a sale, and was only £30

badass

Back