knife culture

Currently reading:
knife culture

National service, or that out door prison they have in Arizona.

i carried a big hunting knife most of my teen years, it was a toy more than anything else, i never stabbed anyone. many of my friends carried knives as well, and they never stabbed anyone. even when we were in a fight we didnt use them.

i'm sure that hasnt changed for the majority of young lads. the difference is you hear about the cases where they have been used for violence now because the papers print it. the fact remains that kids carrying knives is not a new thing. far from it.

"CRACKDOWN: Police officers using a metal detector check a man suspected of carrying a knife during one of their operations."

WTF is this :confused:

Where I live, it is perfectly legal to own and carry ANY "cold weapon" (I do not know exact English term for this - it is a weapon not using a gunpowder for its action), no matter if it is a Swiss Army knife attached as a pendant to the key ring or a 1,5-m long crusader's sword.

I am finding the picture of a fuzz hassling a "suspect" using a metal detector extremely disgusting.

Just a cultural difference tho.
Over here carrying an offensive weapon is illegal.
It's just like comparing Holland to the U.K with regards the Drug legislation.

I'll admit to having carried a knife at times when I was younger. Never used it which is something I am always grateful for. Its fear tho you see it happen and wonder if you will be next and how do you stop it?
At the time my thinking was be prepared to do onto them aswell. Thankfully you get older and stop seeing as much and thinking the same way.
I never have anything for defence now, not even n the car.

M.A.D if anybody remembers that.

http://www.bkcg.co.uk/guide/law.html
"CRACKDOWN: Police officers using a metal detector check a man suspected of carrying a knife during one of their operations."
I am finding the picture of a fuzz hassling a "suspect" using a metal detector extremely disgusting.

as pointed out, there are differences in the way legislation is both created and applied across the world, in america there is a well rooted and constitional right to allow citizens to "bear arms", here in the uk the law is somewhat more stringent. as for knives, the above link shows some of the reasoning behind the laws created, as for carrying, i can fully understand a tradesman carrying among his tools the craft knive he may need for work, however i see no reason for a schoolboy to be carrying a stanley, nor someone on a night out carrying a blade.

before you rush to make your next ill-judged outburst cz, i suggest you try a little background ready, and see that there is no hassling, and that the vast majority of citizens in this country are sick and tired of reading in the news about the latest teenager to succumb needlessly to a knife attack.

Last edited:
I now carry a knife when out running. I cannot count the times some unruly hound has had me over or snapped at me. Always the owner says "it's because you are running". Well stuff me for enjoying myself. I kid you not if a dog latches onto me again I will bleed it.

Knife on the streets? long term sentence.

After reading this thread I think i'd better carry a gun to be safe at the next meet(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
"You Call that a knife?"

paul_hogan_as_michael_j_crocodile_dundee.jpg

:p

In California, the law limits pocket knives to 2.5 inch blades because over 2.5 inches is considered a dangerous weapon.

a knife is mearly a tool. its the person useing it to do wrong you need to get rid of. you get rid on knifes, they will just find other items. like a bat.

Just the same as if you ban handguns, the only people who will find it hard to get handguns will be normal people unprepared to buy one on the black market. If a criminal wants a gun, a criminal can get a gun whether they are legal or not. If you put said offenders testicles in a corby trouser press, they might think twice!!

Just the same as if you ban handguns, the only people who will find it hard to get handguns will be normal people unprepared to buy one on the black market. If a criminal wants a gun, a criminal can get a gun whether they are legal or not. If you put said offenders testicles in a corby trouser press, they might think twice!!

:yeahthat:

(y)

Back