General kiss of death

Currently reading:
General kiss of death

lloyd2

some may of read in the grande punto section that the 06 plate schuey is making way for a new orange 1.9 multi jet sporting because of financial reasons, a couple of things changed since i bought it.

anyhow, i was just the other day recommending a schuey to vickster and saying no problems with my stilo and...

strike one.. ran over a pot hole and the spring has possible gone or weakened, haven't had a close look yet, but the steering is not right

strike two...i'd been hearing a winney noise the last couple of days and after reading a few posts on gearbox failures i became concerned, even more so today as third gear doesn't seem to want to easily go in anymore:(

oh well, either the car knows me and her will soon depart and has throw a wobbly and the problems aren't to serious or i've just put an instant kiss of death on her

Sounds like the noise I had, get it to the dealers ASAP as its a pain in the arse when it goes (ie low loader jobbie)

Mines bin done under warranty more than once, except if you go, demand a new box from the off.

Did this start after stilo vs pot hole incident?

no, two separate incidents, but alas i'll never know now as it has been replaced by the grande punto, I'm missing the sweet 20v already but i am now traveling a 400 mile trip every second weekend and work has moved from 5 minutes away to nearly an hour, so had to go of a diesel (1.9 sporting) and as anyone who owns a stilo abarth knows, they're a bit thirsty, i was starting to put between £50 to £90 a week of fuel in the schuey:eek:
still the grande's a great little car.

Back