Kidies cartoons, warning POCOYO content

Currently reading:
Kidies cartoons, warning POCOYO content

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
well I'm stuck in the house 40hours a week babysitting builders, for the last two weeks, and another 2.5 at the bare minimum! so been watching kidies cartoons, old films, and sitting on the forums (should see the size of teh crater I've made in the chair!).

two cartoons i REALLY LIKE...

POCOYO, with that blue round thing, and an assortment of random animals and stephen fry narrates it. love the soundbites and animation it has in it, really smooth clay animation or more likely computered,but in the style of clay stop frame, overall very clean and not bad to watch.

and my ALL TIME fav,

Bottle Top Bill, which is a west country/glouschershire thing judging by names and accents. basically bill, and his best mate corky (no not the drink, but an animal of somekind (horse?) made from random household items.) go on adventures and most of the scenery is made from household goods like a crab is made from a glade air freshner, some pipecleaners, then a dolup of paper msashe.

lol., i hate the pocoyo thing., my nephew watches it like a religion,lol., although its probably not as bad as that bear in the big blue house.,lol

childrens tv is for children :p

One is never too old for cartoons. If you ask me any cartoon is better than real tv. That's real as in reality TV.

Not Sure about Pocoyo but the Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy is a good laugh right now.

The teletubbies are great, and they share the space with rabbits. My all time favourite is Trumpton/Camberwick Green. You can't get more English than that fire engine crew.

Fireman Sam!! (the original!) and Postman pat (original again) were great! fireman sam was made here in sunny weston too as i found out a few years back. and the bloke who did virtually all the voices was great and the welshy accent made it truly a classic the new one slips into a yorkshire accent. it's terrible.

Fireman Sam!! (the original!) and Postman pat (original again) were great! fireman sam was made here in sunny weston too as i found out a few years back. and the bloke who did virtually all the voices was great and the welshy accent made it truly a classic the new one slips into a yorkshire accent. it's terrible.

i still have classic fireman sam and postman pat videos (y)

My all time favourite is Trumpton/Camberwick Green.

And Chigley was the third in the trilogy! Except those programmes scared the living sh*t out of me when I was a kid! Something very spooky about them, and that music box in Camberwick Green gave me nightmares. Doctor Who and Star Trek were fine, never had a disturbed nights sleep from watching them. But when I heard those words - "Here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play. But this box can hide a secret inside. Can you guess what is in it today?" - I got really scared but never did tell my mum :cry: For years I dreamt that the music box was going to eat me up and spin me round inside :eek:

You can read more about this disturbing kids programme here!:

http://www.t-web.co.uk/trumpgo.htm

However, I LOVED the programme below! Even though I was a teenager when it was first shown it was so damn funny. It was sort of anarchy with plasticine figures! Go Trapdoor :slayer:

But todays kiddie programmes do little for me. I've had to sit through Bear in the Big Blue House with my nephews and nieces, though I'm trying to re-educate them and get them to watch The Trapdoor instead ;)

Attachments

• trapdoor_hl.jpg
    trapdoor_hl.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 226
Don't you open that Trapdoor! cos theres something down there! :slayer: :slayer:

Brilliant program. My dad made me all the characters out of plastercine for me. (hes good at that sortof stuff!)

Only 1 he didn't make! Can you guess who? ;)

Although I always thought it was "Him upstairs"

I always thought so too, though I've just checked my Trapdoor video cassettes (Channel 5 Video - NOT the Channel 5 TV company!) and they call him 'The Thing Upstairs'. Also called that on Wikipedia:

The Thing Upstairs, master of the castle, he rarely leaves his room, flying out when he does, and consequently is never seen. In the episode 'The Little Thing' in series one Berk enters his room and a lightning flash iluminates a mass of tentacles, and although this is only on screen for a split-second it gives some idea to what 'The Thing Upstairs' actually looks like. He always has a job for Berk, usually preparing meals made from interesting creatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trap_Door

A complete episode guide is available too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Trap_Door_episodes

And every episode has been released on one DVD collection a couple of years back! I have about 5 of the Channel 5 video compilations and am fairly certain I have every episode, but now I'd better go find the DVD to be absolutely sure.

"Oh globbits!"

:D

And Chigley was the third in the trilogy! Except those programmes scared the living sh*t out of me when I was a kid! Something very spooky about them, and that music box in Camberwick Green gave me nightmares. Doctor Who and Star Trek were fine, never had a disturbed nights sleep from watching them. But when I heard those words - "Here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play. But this box can hide a secret inside. Can you guess what is in it today?" - I got really scared but never did tell my mum :cry: For years I dreamt that the music box was going to eat me up and spin me round inside :eek:

You can read more about this disturbing kids programme here!:

[;)
And which childrens program was cool enough to Appear in "Life on Mars"?

And which childrens program was cool enough to Appear in "Life on Mars"?

Life on Mars was set around 1974, so there wasn't that many childrens programmes to choose from back then :rolleyes: I think you'd only have Bagpuss, The Magic Roundabout, Andy Pandy and the Woodentops to name a few as alternatives! Oh, and of course, Muffin the Mule - that still sounds rude to me :eek:

EDIT: Camberwick Green is still scary! :eek:

ah I've seen trap door, freaking ace:)

bottle top bill is just filth, one mans love for his bottling plant machine/women/combine harvester thing. tis awesomo.

I admire pocoyo and bottle top for thier style of animation mainly, pocoyo is clean and sterile, wheras bottle top is just random, but genius.

also a fan of short films, such as...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yCCU8zuo8I
(bit cut off the start and end, but still you get the quality idea).

"CREW", AARRRGGHHH

"pPPPPIIEEGGG"

You'll get it soonn enough:worship:

bottle top bill short promo, bit low on quality compared to a proper production episode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xgGk_ek8gY

http://www.astleybakerdavies.com/
mark bakers website (jolly roger guy), the pigs are really popular on citv I think

Last edited:
Back