General key fob packed up

Currently reading:
General key fob packed up

Capt T

My key no longer works on remote for unlocking because the batteries are always run down.. The batteries only last about a week.
Fiat want a million squids to replace entire system because they say you cannot buy replacements. Any ideas?
:(

Re: fob key packed up

Old one P reg petrol el......:(

Mine stopped working years ago:( I just do without due to costs involved replacing fob. Pain in the neck to start with but don't miss it now.

Capt T said:
My key no longer works on remote for unlocking because the batteries are always run down.. The batteries only last about a week.
Fiat want a million squids to replace entire system because they say you cannot buy replacements. Any ideas?
:(

On the newer Ulysse there is an initialisation thing to reintroduce the fob to the car. Can't quite remember what it is but perhaps something like putting in it in the ignition and turning it one click, operater the door control then remove the key again. Is there a similar system for the old version? User manual?

Paul

Nothing at all like that..I was told the key signature infra red thingy was unique to the ecu so you need a new key + ecu +all door lock and boot barrels replaced and a new bank account.Why can the things just be repaired.In my case if you put batts in it will work perfectly so surely something could "read" the signal and replicate the code or whatever?Some one suggested using one of those tv remotes one suits all that somehow work out what the tv works on.....bit of a lump in your pocket though.:idea:

Mine when first started to play-up it was just bad contacts on the battery terminals, and just by cleaning the contacts and making sure the spring contact was perfect cured it. The rubber cover over the button was torn to bits hence the fob electrics got wet, and then the microswitch corroded so I gave up on the remote altogether:eek:

I dont think if I had to replace mine it means replacing locks as it is a I/R remote is for locking only(one button) and is not linked to ECU or immoboliser? Fiat was prepared to sell me a new fob £120 if I remember, and they did not mention any extra's required. I got standard keys cut as the fob key was having problems locking/unlocking the drivers door, and the new keys work a treat! 2 for £8 at Timpson's.

long winded or what?:)

donaldmaclennan said:
I dont think if I had to replace mine it means replacing locks as it is a I/R remote is for locking only(one button) and is not linked to ECU or immoboliser? Fiat was prepared to sell me a new fob £120 if I remember, and they did not mention any extra's required

Mine is the same one button system with now torn cover but given that it sends a coded signal how would fiat work out what that was and place the right code in a new key.There are sites on the web who do transponder keys but never for our Fiat:confused:

i have seen them for other fiats tempra ,tipo etc .what they sell is a relay that plugs in place of the central locking relay with a small piece of anntena wire plus 2 fobs the idea is to make a car with central locking into remote central locking .i am trying to find out if they have one to fit the ulysse and what price .(y)

Back