General Kerbing on alloys

Currently reading:
General Kerbing on alloys

Im considering buying some alloys, but i'm a bit apprehensive as there's a fair bit of kerbing, but it doesn't look as if the alloy has been chipped in any way, and just looks as if it's cosmetic. (they are on eBay, so i'm just going of pictures).

I've contacted the seller to give me greater detail on the extent of any damage.
In terms of getting it repaired, without having to get a full refurb done, would i be able to get just the kerbing sorted, presuming it's just cosmetic and there's no structural damage or chips. How much would i be looking at per wheel?

I've also seen alot of these DIY kits. Again, if it's just cosmetic damage around the edges, is this easy to do yourself?

Cheers

my alloys have got kerbing and scrapes. this is probably due to that stick out alot (wolfrace 15") so when i pull up then hit the kerb first before my wheel if i get too close lol

You could probably DIY them if you have plenty of patience.

I've got the patience, just don't want to make it look like a botch job!
Could i just touch up the areas that need it, because the rest of the alloy/s are in pretty much perfect condition, so it would seem a bit pointless do to the whole thing, plus they're 2 piece alloys which might complicate things.

How would i know which touch up kit to buy, in order to match the alloy colour? They're momo wheels.

I've got the patience, just don't want to make it look like a botch job!
Could i just touch up the areas that need it, because the rest of the alloy/s are in pretty much perfect condition, so it would seem a bit pointless do to the whole thing, plus they're 2 piece alloys which might complicate things.

How would i know which touch up kit to buy, in order to match the alloy colour? They're momo wheels.

Spray the whole lot, don't just do spot repairs it will look messy.

I've never done any spraying before, is it easy enough to do?
Is the paint not likely to drip?
I think i could manage it, but again, i don't want to make a mess of them!

With more practice you get better but its fairly easy to do, just got to take things slowly and not rush the job. Theres a great alloy refurb guide in the guides section, give it a look!

Back