Keeping Threads On Topic

Currently reading:
Keeping Threads On Topic

It's got to the point now where something has to be said, too many topics are starting well, but just falling off topic and becoming 'gutter threads' - fair enough if a topic starts as a bit dodgy, by all means carry it on (within reason)

But trashing a thread that otherwise had a useful purpose won't be acceptable any more

Basically, the dodgy posts will just be removed... end of.

Like I said, this is not to censor everything, its just to keep topics on track. If it starts to sway, just open a new post up... us mod's are getting fed up of almost every topic turning to smut.

Please.... respect the forum...

Isn't this what PMs are for :)

If I want to say something off-topic in a thread, I simply PM.

You must have seen threads where someone jumps in the middle of a huge engine rebuild or something and says - "Hi, Joe, that you ? Haven't seen you for years.." and then they go off on their own social thing in the thread and no one else posts. They should have done their social bit with PMs.

I'm not thinking about all the agression stuff here, just going back to the roots of this thread, "keeping threads on topic".

But about the agression stuff ! I'm a newbie but I can see that passion is the strength and lifeblood of this forum so potential agression is never too far round the corner.

I think we just have to be big enough to walk away when we get caught up in this sort of conflict, even if that means leaving what seems to be an unjustified slur hanging there unanswered. Other people reading the whole thread will see that the "slur" is unwarranted without you having to justify yourself.

Maybe if you see an unjustified slur to someone else, you could pm the chap who has been slurred with something like "Don't worry, mate, he's way out of order saying that to ya.". Then the chap who has been slurred will have the confidence to know that he comes out of the thread OK without having to reply to the slur and start world war three. This is a comunity after all, and we have to look after each other.

Well that went on a bit but by the same token I am a newbie and dont wish to offend or degrade any member of the forum and if I have made any comments that offended anyone whatever section they are in :D when you have disabilities and suffer extreem pain a little banter helps to lift my mood and f/f has certainly done that wish I known about it before would have bought a fiat years ago you mods do an excellent job I dont envey you at all well said my bit signing out and sammi MWAAAAAAA.[couldnt resist that];)

Well that went on a bit but by the same token I am a newbie and dont wish to offend or degrade any member of the forum and if I have made any comments that offended anyone whatever section they are in :D when you have disabilities and suffer extreem pain a little banter helps to lift my mood and f/f has certainly done that wish I known about it before would have bought a fiat years ago you mods do an excellent job I dont envey you at all well said my bit signing out and sammi MWAAAAAAA.[couldnt resist that];)

Yeah... it's right that(y)

Old-RaiseThem.jpg

;)

i am guilty of going off topic yesterday i apologise and i await the electric chair!

lol btw i loved the sig about the offtopicers! think it was ghostwkd??

Back